CAR FOUND - THOUGHTS

neo-ninja

Hi All,

So i think i have found a car:

It is a 2004 350z with the nismo kit, they have said this was factory fitted.. is this possible? Would i have to declare this to my insurance?

The car has done about 40k miles and is currently listedn at £13.9k which is out of my league but im hoping to bring this down by about 1.5k .

links to pictures below:

1298874-3.jpg

1298874-7.jpg

1298874-5.jpg

Its from a company called Churchill performance cars.

Any peoples thoughts?

Neo

Why is someone going to drop 1.5k on a 13.9k car ? :wacko: Its worth 14k!!!!

Nismos could be factory fit if its an import but were fitted by NMGB / dealers after the stock one was bought in as a UK car. Dont know how they could tell if it was factory fit unless it is a true Nismo!

If you want it replaced in the event of an accident yes you have to declare...

Nismos could be factory fit if its an import but were fitted by NMGB / dealers after the stock one was bought in as a UK car. Dont know how they could tell if it was factory fit unless it is a true Nismo!

From the research i have done, there is no way the car is worth that much (unless the kit is worth about £2k) you can regurlarly get 350z GTs for around £12k, and i have been looking for the last 2months or so. Also with my powers of persuation and the fact it has been there for quite a while having spoken to them (porobably the cost again)

On a side note though, how much would you expect my insruance quote to go up?

Also will i have problems on ever single hit, sleeping policeman, curb, cattle rid that i get close to?

From the research i have done, there is no way the car is worth that much (unless the kit is worth about £2k) you can regurlarly get 350z GTs for around £12k, and i have been looking for the last 2months or so. Also with my powers of persuation and the fact it has been there for quite a while having spoken to them (porobably the cost again)

Also will i have problems on ever single hit, sleeping policeman, curb, cattle rid that i get close to?

You may do well then if the guy hasnt been watching the market! prices have gone up!

Weird question on the insurance as non of us know you or how much your paying at the moment!! Ask them as they will have the info perhaps? It shouldnt be that much difference but it depends who your going with...

its not been lowered so no!

You may do well then if the guy hasnt been watching the market! prices have gone up!

Weird question on the insurance as non of us know you or how much your paying at the moment!! Ask them as they will have the info perhaps? It shouldnt be that much difference but it depends who your going with...

its not been lowered so no!

I agree prices have gone up, from 6 months or so ago by about 15-20% back to where they should be, but in general you can pick up a 350z gt uk model, 40k miles on the clock in good nick for around £11-12.5k from a dealer.

The car is meant to be a Uk car....you thinking it might not be

Anyway wish me luck i guess! great news on it not being lowered!

I agree prices have gone up, from 6 months or so ago by about 15-20% back to where they should be, but in general you can pick up a 350z gt uk model, 40k miles on the clock in good nick for around £11-12.5k from a dealer.

The car is meant to be a Uk car....you thinking it might not be

Anyway wish me luck i guess! great news on it not being lowered!

When I was looking a couple of months ago you would really struggle to get anything with that mileage that cheap.

I saw one for £12.5k but it 50K ish mileage and a bit of a dog if I'm honest, everything else was £13-14K.

I went private in the end for a much better deal.

However I go off topic and it doesn't matter, looks like a nice car, but yes you will have to declare the Nismo kit, and the rays as although very common weren't standard so I understand...

Hopefully as they were Nissan options you shouldn't have to pay too much more...

I made a mistake the car is actually a 2005, and has a full Nissan service history.... Will that help prove the car is a uk car if I have a look through it?

It has cruise, headlight washer and rectangular plates so is almost definately a UK car. (unless someone has spent a lot of money making it look like one)

I made a mistake the car is actually a 2005, and has a full Nissan service history.... Will that help prove the car is a uk car if I have a look through it?

It has cruise, headlight washer and rectangular plates so is almost definately a UK car. (unless someone has spent a lot of money making it look like one)

And if the 2005 pre delivery check in the service history is from a UK Nissan dealer, question answered.

Cruise alone will confirm that its a uk car. When you come to insure it just mention it has a factory fitted body kit. No need to mention the wheels at all. 14K is top whack but it does look immaculate. You'll do well to knock the price down. But waving 13k in cash at the salesman usually works wonders :thumbs:

woo well hopefully they offer me a decent price for my car, and then using my charm and amazing good looks i can get them down a few more squid ;)

Price has just gone up to 20k to you... Smug git!!! ;)

lol well i wished anyway, in reality i suspect they will look at me...."go how on earth is this young git going to afford this car and insurance" take me for a moody ride then not show me the time of day... oh well

But wish me luck...and as sunset says money talks!

Dont about the boot lid i imagine its much the same as any other car if you put a spoiler on it you have to fit stronger lifts.

I dont think you'll get much change out of that price though bud. it looks immaculate and from experience when i was looking last month and August dealers were not interested in negotiating and bear in mind like others have said prices have gone up in the used car world.

The last dealer i spoke to who happens to be a client of ours said they are looking at tiny profit margins like on average 1500k a motor.

Bottom line if its the right one and feels good try and make it happen.

from the pics the car looks perfect and the price sounds right too.

The interiors looks like my JDM but :shrug:

On the nismo kit, lots people buys replicas and a cheap/ decent fitting one costs around £ 450 plus painting and fitting

Why thumbs down?

Also i called up insurance and told them the trader told me the kit was bought with the car as a addition (which is what i have been told not an aftermarket addon) and they said that is fine, you declare it but no extra cost is added.

So ace!

does anyone recongnise the car/ plate, apparently it has only had 2 owners, and has had 3 services since new, that sound about right? the last one it had was a "p3" am i right in thinking that was the large one?

Let me know,

Many thanks as always!

Neo

answered my own question (teh search button was usefull ;) )

But just to confirm service history on this car should be p1,p2,p1,p3 in which case hopefully i miss heard him and it didnt miss the p1 second service, the car is being sold with a full nissan service history so would be odd for him to lie...

Assumig i like that car and can get it for a good price, is it worth me calling up teh nissan garages the car was meant to be serviced at to check that the stamps are cosha... apparently the car doesnt have any of the reciepts etc...

He did say on the phone the car is faultless a few tiny stone chips on the front but otherwise no scuffs on the wheels paint imaculate, inside pristine etc..