pop charger

cgomez1978

Hi everyone i was wondering if anybody could help. i bought a pop charger a year ago from ESR who fitted it every thing was working fine. ive just cleaned it using K&n Filter cleaning kit and now the engine management light is on. Is this normal till the car gets used to it, also is the car ok to drive like this,

Thanks in advance for any help

Carl

You shouldnt have a light on, no. Make sure the MAF is connected properly and see what the code is by doing the CEL reset procedure and read the code off. I forget how to do it but a quick search should tell you. From the code we can work out whats happened. Is everything definately done up tightly again? Hope you didnt over oil it :headhurt:

ARGH DON'T WIPE THE MAF SENSOR!!!

It's a very sensitive piece of equipment: Go and buy some carb cleaner from Halfrauds and spray a load of that on and leave to dry. If you're lucky you haven't knackered it by over oiling, and may just save the cost of buying a new one. This is the single reason that, for the low cost of it compared with a MAF, I just replace the filter on mine instead of trying to clean it. For £60, is it worth it?

It's a very sensitive piece of equipment: Go and buy some carb cleaner from Halfrauds and spray a load of that on and leave to dry. If you're lucky you haven't knackered it by over oiling, and may just save the cost of buying a new one. This is the single reason that, for the low cost of it compared with a MAF, I just replace the filter on mine instead of trying to clean it. For £60, is it worth it?

Beat me too that one!! Godd advice mate!

If your going to clean a pop charger filter, clean it, oil it and then leave it standing upright on some kitchen towel over night so the excess drains off if you have over oiled it...

Beat me too that one!! Godd advice mate!

If your going to clean a pop charger filter, clean it, oil it and then leave it standing upright on some kitchen towel over night so the excess drains off if you have over oiled it...

Godd advice Mark, I`ll be doing just that with my new one, then clean, and re-oil the old one :thumbs: