Santa Pod - RWYB

bhavin85

Hi guys,

Decided to head up to santa pod this weekend to see what I could do in the zed....didnt post great times but I am getting used 2 driving the car (used 2 reving the nuts of my cylinder when i race! )

Best time i post was 15.4....I think im not launching the car hard enough cuz there is definetly 1.5 seconds that can come off that....but I am a n00b when it comes to dragging...so i didnt think i did tooo bad...plus i hadnt removed anything from the car...still had the spare wheel...jack...all my clothes in the back :lol: not exactly prep'd for it

anyways thought you might enjoy a few special pics that the lovely people at santa pod press office let us take :)

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Nice pics but a 15.4 is rather poor for a standard Zed.

My last NA Zed (276bhp) ran consistant 14.1 sec 1/4 miles (0-60 in 5.1 secs) so you really should be aiming for early 14's.

Out of curiosity - what tyres were you running - was the track wet/damp/dry? - any mods whatsoever (is it a 296bhp model?)

Present Supercharged Zed (400bhp/350Ib.ft torque))is quite a bit quicker - hoping that the addition of an uprated LSD and R888's will solve my present traction problems on the 1/4 mile.

Maybe a sticky post with peoples 1/4 mile lap times on could be arranged?

I was thinking of going to the Pod this year but it hasn't worked out so far. There is always next summer. I'm not sure I can justify a new set of tyres afterwards though :(

ive got a brand new set of Dunlop SP Max's on the rears...which might not have helped me so much...after walking on the strip its soo sticky that if you leave your trainers planted for more then 10 seconds you are stuck!

I can attribute my poor time to a few things...1 not launching the car hard enough only launched at 3.5k rpm and in hinesight i should have launched the car much harder to get it off the line...I also didnt remove anything from the car at all...spare wheel and jack were still in the car!

I also have my Nismo Intake in a Short Ram setup which wasnt a smart idea...the engine was piping hot after my second run and the filter was boiling aswell...ill move that down to the wheel arch this week!

Overall I only had 3 runs because it was so busy but i improved my time by a good .8 of a second so a few more runs and i should be hitting mid/low 14's!

Definetly think a club meet at the pod would be fun...or maybe somewhere not so busy as i was waiting almost and hour at points to get back on the track :bang:

Thanks for all the compliments...how can i submit a pic for the 2010 calendar?

:teeth: i went pod on the bmw meet this year and pulled low 14's with a 13.8 near the end of the day, 3.5krpm is a lot tho? dont need anymore than that otherwise it will be all wheelspin!

It was great when i went, showed the bmw what it was about!

Went against

Civic typr r

tuned cooper s

bmw e36 m3

bmw e36 m3 evo

bmw e46 328

bmw e46 m3

won all of the above and lost by half a foot against another e46 m3 :( blame my reaction time :(

great day tho :thumbs:

great pics too

I was also at Santa Pod during the Jap Show. Great to watch, although was highly tempted to have a run or two, although like you say it's the waiting around that doesn't appeal to me. I believe it's best to attend a RWYB day as they are generally quieter than show type days.

I also believe a meet at Santa Pod should be scheduled, a great day out and a laugh at the same time. I personally don't think I will be setting super great times as I am yet to modify, although hoping for some Nos in January of next year. That way I can leave my spare wheel and general car matters in the car without looking too slow! (Unless of course things get competative!) :teeth:

Thanks for all the kind words about the pics guys :)

Just got hold of the RAW file so going to pass it to a mate that knows how to photoshop and hes gonna clean up the pic and make the car slightly brighter....ill post an update pics when he gets it to me....would love to have my car in a calendar...had my celica modded a fair bit but no1 ever did a calendar on ccuk and i am like stevie wonder behind a camera :lol:

• 2 weeks later...