Cloth seats to leather?

MAXlMUS

I think a fair few people on here have commented that they would prefer to spend the money on a customer leather job and an after market head unit unless you desperately want to warm your bum and have cruise control.

bose is nothing special, took some readings at work of other bose systems in audi's etc and it returned a poor result for sound reproduction compared to other brands, found to have a very limited bass capability. one bass fits all kind of thing (a big spike in the graph). wish id got the zed done now :rolleyes:

I used to be heavily into domestic hifi and I concur with you analysis about "on bass fits all". The systems are bult on a plug and play basis in the home.

Max

When I do eventiually get my zed...not even the wifes getting in it!... :lol:

Yeah Stan but when it looks like it's going to get cold and starts skipping then it's a pain in the a**e.Also the looks of the thing,a tape deck in a car like ours.

I know mate but I dont use the CD - got my ipod via FM transmitter - never looked back ...

yeah I know about the tapedeck its appalling (or retro!!) not good on a flagship car but thats Clarion for you!) :blackeye:

But you've hit the nail on the head there Stan - you don't even use yours really and would be far better off with a unit to serve your ipod which is what i've got. Although i did use an itrip for a while and it was fine.

But you've hit the nail on the head there Stan - you don't even use yours really and would be far better off with a unit to serve your ipod which is what i've got. Although i did use an itrip for a while and it was fine.

Yes thats fine but does it follow the line of the centre console and match it or is it a square peg in an oval hole so to speak? Or worse a Single din unit with a gaping hole underneath it!! :surrender:

I think mine looks ok and i'm happy with it - you have seen it anyway haven't you? I did have two separate head units in originally, one which was a standard nissan and one above which was a flip up dvd but was all jap so had to go anyway. I now have a single unit with another empty slot underneath but that works well as my ipod sits in there and the lead comes into there from the back. I was more obsessed with the lights matching the rest of the dash which they do.

Well each to their own folks :)

I like mine factory stock, thing is way back in 2000 (probably when the car was being designed) we all had tape decks in cars still. I just dont think they realised how quick this would be outdated maybe they would 'Lose Face' if they went back to Clarion and said - 'well actually bud leave the Tape unit out just stick with CD and somewhere to plug the 8 Track in!' :lol::blackeye:

• 5 months later...

Bringing this back up again ... if your buying a car without leather I take it that means the seats wont be electric or have the heated seat facility or can these still be present even if the leather isnt there?

The car seems to have the rest of the gt pack ... bose, rays, cruise control etc ...

Bringing this back up again ... if your buying a car without leather I take it that means the seats wont be electric or have the heated seat facility or can these still be present even if the leather isnt there?

The car seems to have the rest of the gt pack ... bose, rays, cruise control etc ...

They dont generally put heater elements in fabric seats - probably for safety reasons - but think Volvo usd to though!

Ahhh makes sense ... take it cloth would also rule out the electric option?

No I think they are still electric for movement but just not heated - also fabric is generally warm so no heater required - leather of course is like sitting on an iceblock on a cold morning!! :surrender: