Wheel mod advice

Zteve

Evening all.

Looking for some advice and guidance towards a new wheel project i fancy carrying out.

At the mo i've got the bog standard 18's on my 04 GT GM, with kerbing on every wheel thanks to the previous owner. My idea is to buy a set of Rays and get them powdercoated black. What advice can any1 give on powdercoating Rays and is there any pics of the finished articles on the forum.

Cheers guys

There are many great powdercoater's find the ones local to you and look at the quality of their work. I dont know of any issues with coating Rays. There are many options.

All 1 colour (your choice)

Coloured spokes and centers and different rims (polished or silver coated).

Or even chromed. Its your choice and your style. Go mad as you like.

what sort of price per wheel have you been quoted if you dont mind me asking?

think i posted it else where, but i think it was £220 for just a satin black finish for all 4 wheels, and another £80 for a red lip to be added to all 4.

if i went just satin it would take a day, with the red lip they need them for about 3 days.

not the cheapest, but they come reccomended, and they are one of the few places that offer the red lip.

You need to read more forums then!!

Not seen a set of gt4's go, seen lots of Rotas and lots of Powder coated rays... ;)

I have to say my own research a year or so back showed this was a problem on the GT4 alloys (as fitted to our GT4s and the rest of the world as standard, not LM GT4 Nismos) and I didn't see anything much about the standard Rays. The pic above is of course a GT4 alloy. :)

You need to read more forums then!!

Not seen a set of gt4's go, seen lots of Rotas and lots of Powder coated rays... ;)

I have to say my own research a year or so back showed this was a problem on the GT4 alloys (as fitted to our GT4s and the rest of the world as standard, not LM GT4 Nismos) and I didn't see anything much about the standard Rays. The pic above is of course a GT4 alloy. :)

thats what i thought.

i've never seen the standard rays or the nismo 19" damaged

but have seen several of the ones of the pic you showed me before all damaged.

Sorry thought you ment LMGT4's!

Yep they are the ones that come on the gt4 made by rays... And the stock rays have been known to go the same way..

LMGT4's

DSCF1755.jpg

350z rays... that have been known to crack

Rays-Wheels-015.jpg

350z GT4 wheels.. been known to crack.. As above..

378536852_773e3178da.jpg?v=0

350z nismo something.. No idea if they have been known to crack!!

07_nismo350z_wheelbrake.jpg

yep, concour with Dan, the thread discussion did say the bit about the 400degs.. if they do it cheap they will be staking the oven and doing lots in one go... if there charging more they may do them in smaller batches and can control the heat of the items there putting in...

Easy way is to ask them for a guarantee! If they dont then think about walking away!