My car has gone :(

Ekona

... to the garage to have the K1 removed and the stock exhaust put back on, and to have the PF discs put on. It's really not going to feel like my car anymore, not since I've finally taken all the Le Mans stickers off as well. I know that it's all for a good reason (to do more trackdays) and that it'll keep it more pure rather than me spending honking loads of money on stuff that won't make it any quicker, but I loved that exhaust on there. From the second I started the car after installation and grinned like a loon as I realised it was no quieter than having no exhaust on at all (it just made a better noise), right the way through to how it sounded it redlining it up to 5th gear in France and getting done by the Gendarmes for speeding: It's been a really good experience, and it did give the car the extra bit of personality it needed.

Here's you, my beloved K1 exhaust :drunk:

How come you have removed the K1? Was it too loud for track noise limits??

For about half of the UK circuits it'll be fine with the bungs in, but it'll fail Bedford on the drive-by and that's one circuit that's close to me that I have always enjoyed driving in the past and want to go back there. 'Tis a shame, but that's the sacrifice I need to make unfortunately. :(

I've thought about getting another exhaust, but then I'll always be chasing the sound that the K1 made and the louder I go the less places I can drive, so I'll just concede defeat on this one.

It's the only thing keeping me going! :D

You will be able to hear the road noise now :dry:

Maybe not, I've decided to play with the audio system a bit in the new year, see if I can't coax a bit more noise out of it ;)

:thumbs::D

Saying that though, my Coupe GT is a lot nosier than my Roadster GT ever used to be...............even with extra carpet and a tonneau cover :)

Slagathor has now returned from the garage, and I hate it. It's miles too quiet now: How on earth do normal folk put up with a sports GT that sounds so dull? :(

I'm going to have to paint it fluorescent yellow or something just to satisfy the attention-whore in me. ;)

Slagathor has now returned from the garage, and I hate it. It's miles too quiet now: How on earth do normal folk put up with a sports GT that sounds so dull? :(

I'm going to have to paint it fluorescent yellow or something just to satisfy the attention-whore in me. ;)

i here the sound of manifolds being fitted :lol: