JDM Fairlady Z Roadster - still confused...

tools99

OK so I have this Import Fairlady Z Roadster and I would like to get closure on exactly what year of manufacture it is

I have been told it's an 03 model and I've been told it's an 05 model

Does anyone know how to tell via the spec plate under the bonnet? I see a code (Z33) but not sure what it means.

I was told that it first entered the UK last year and it is on a 53 (first part of the reg is FB53)

when I search online for the first build date of the Fairlady Z Roadster I get nothing but info on the 05!

It's melting my head!! can anyone advise?

Cheers :wacko:

OK so I have this Import Fairlady Z Roadster and I would like to get closure on exactly what year of manufacture it is

Does anyone know how to tell via the spec plate under the bonnet? I see a code (Z33) but not sure what it means.

I was told that it first entered the UK last year and it is on a 53 (first part of the reg is FB53)

when I search online for the first build date of the Fairlady Z Roadster I get nothing but info on the 05!

Pm me your full model and VIN number and I will tell. ;)

Its possible its is a 03 plate as they brought it out in Japan first. E.g. mines is a 52 but you didnt get them in uk until 03 so you can tell mine is a import.

I am sure the roadster did'nt come out until 2005 - so there is no reason why its not a 2005 - I doubt its a 2003 as dont think they were released yet. The first model year is 2002 for the Zed coupe- but UK did'nt get them until 2003 - so Insurers here wont see a 2002 car but everything starts at 2003 - logic innit!! :D

Check the seatbelt of on the driver side, if you keep pulling the belt out until you get to a white tag attached to it, is has a year when it was manufactured and its the same year the car was manufactured.

Thats how I usually check to make sure the import cars Ive brought previously are the same year of manfacture they are advertised as, never failed me so far.

Check the seatbelt of on the driver side, if you keep pulling the belt out until you get to a white tag attached to it, is has a year when it was manufactured and its the same year the car was manufactured.

I'm so going to do that on mine later :lol:

Just got home and checked my car, the tag on either seat belt at the bottom of the hinge of the belt right at the bottom near the floor......not at the other end as per my previous post :lol:

Andlid, did you have a good time yanking at the seat belt looking for that tag ;)

Just got home and checked my car, the tag on either seat belt at the bottom of the hinge of the belt right at the bottom near the floor......not at the other end as per my previous post :lol:

Andlid, did you have a good time yanking at the seat belt looking for that tag ;)

hahaa I forgot will havea look at the bottom tomorrow! :D