Snow/Power switch on centre console?

tools99

All i know is the snow buttom drops ur revs and doesnt allow you to go ever 3 thousand revs (i think) i dont use it. The power buttom is the exact opp! It allows high revs for that little bit extra fun :drive1

Someone with techy info will be here shortly no doubt :thumbs:

I may not be exactly right, but as well as limiting the revs I believe the SNOW button also starts you off in 2nd gear, to limit wheel spin.

For the POWER button, I haven't used it that often as I tend to be lazy and just put my foot to the floor - the auto box changes gear so quickly there never seems to be a problem. What I seem to remember is that it changes gear at higher revs. Also, I don't think the auto box changes up to 5th if you floor the car from 0mph, it seemed to hit the rev limiter in 4th and then not do anything else. Maybe the POWER button works best for 0 - 60 blasts away from the lights. ;)

Maybe the POWER button works best for 0 - 60 blasts away from the lights. ;)

Oh it is :lol:;):drive1

Sorry - just caught up with this thread. I find the power button very good for overtaking - it maintains a gear ratio for longer before changing up, and is ideal in combination with the tiptronic shift.

Maybe the POWER button works best for 0 - 60 blasts away from the lights. ;)

Oh it is :lol:;):drive1

Sorry - just caught up with this thread. I find the power button very good for overtaking - it maintains a gear ratio for longer before changing up, and is ideal in combination with the tiptronic shift.

Huh? it may be me :bangin: but is the tip tronic "manual" as such so you can shift up and down when ever you feel like it?

• 3 weeks later...

i no when the snow button is on but when i put the power button on i dont notice a difference at all, i always have mine in manual rather than auto though, so is that all it does... change the gears at higher revs that is probably why i wont notice it then if im changing my own gears.