team 5zigen Racing Lug Nuts

rtbiscuit

I'm looking at getting a set of these for when my wheels have been refurbed, but i know very little about them

http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... entCat=263

reason i ask is that recently when i took my front wheels off to do some work i used the bar that comes with the car i.e. spare wheel remover etc. well it damaged the paint in the lug nut holes, and i don't want to do the same to the new refurbed wheels. (my fault i should have used a proper socket and breaking bar)

what i want to know is:

Will these work with the rays?

will i have a silly amount of metal sticking out from each lug nut hole?

how exactly do you put them on, is there a special tool or something?

i would just go for some standard lug nuts in Red, but the rays and the other Team 5Zigen ones don't look like they have a locking wheel nut to them, or do they?

i don't want the 4 red 1 silver look per wheel, but i also don't want to be without a locking nut either.

I have a full set of 20 rich if your interested. Not 5zigen but look the same

are they red?

and is there 5 locking nuts in there as well?

partly why i'm asking as i want red lug nuts but want 1 on each rim to be a colour coded locker

(i nearly posted "i want red nuts" but changed my mind, but thought i'd post it anyway, because it made me laugh :lol: )

They are what I use and IMHO the long ones are the best as you can hold the knurled part to get the nut started.

Any proper extended 19 mm wheel socket 1/2 inch drive will do, but best to get one with a protected sheath on it so that you do not mark the inside of the hole again so factor in another £15.00.

Alex.

They are what I use and IMHO the long ones are the best as you can hold the knurled part to get the nut started.

Any proper extended 19 mm wheel socket 1/2 inch drive will do, but best to get one with a protected sheath on it so that you do not mark the inside of the hole again so factor in another £15.00.

Alex.

why do they make them so much longer (whats the benefit) and why the nurled top?

i liked these volk ones because of there anti theftness etc, but i refuse to pay £200 odd for a set of nuts

http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... entCat=145

Alex.

why do they make them so much longer (whats the benefit) and why the nurled top?

I have already told you above what the extended knurled bit is for :lol:

It's great to see the speculations flying about, lol

I have bought a set of 5Zigen Titanium nuts from Envy when I bought my wheels.

- Yes, they are sold as a set of 20 nuts

- Yes, there are 16 regular nuts and 4 locking nuts

- Yes, the key is included and will fit the regular aswell as the locking nuts

- No, the price is not for just 5 nuts

- Yes, I have put leccy tape around my socket to protect my wheels, and also I know that my local tyre fitters actually use a plastic sleeve on their socket to prevent damage too.

- Yes, I have put leccy tape around my socket to protect my wheels, and also I know that my local tyre fitters actually use a plastic sleeve on their socket to prevent damage too.

did you get the same set or the shorter ones?

i.e these ones

did you get the same set or the shorter ones?

i.e these ones

I wouldn't like to be a shop assistant when you are around :lol:

:blush: sorry alex, its just we changed the convo on the nut set, and i got all confused.

you can see why i'm not at work, put me in a workshop full of kids and power tools its gaurenteed an accident while i'm ill :blush:

How long does it take to recover from the type of illness that you have or is there no hope or cure. :lol:

I got the short ones...

frontwheel.jpg

and they came with a locking nut,

just clarifying, as i have a flu head and things go in, but don't reach the brain in the correct order :blush:

what bit of

is unclear?

:blush: sorry alex, its just we changed the convo on the nut set, and i got all confused.

you can see why i'm not at work, put me in a workshop full of kids and power tools its gaurenteed an accident while i'm ill :blush:

How long does it take to recover from the type of illness that you have or is there no hope or cure. :lol:

my stupidity, well thats permanent, as well as my partial deafness,

my ability to read, that will come with practice,

the flu symptoms i think give it 2 weeks and i'll be fine :lol: