what a result!

SunGodRA

Had a blow-out yesterday, luckily rim was okay etc

I didn't want to buy a brand new tyre as I am getting larger rims soon, so I made some calls and found someone that had a part worn in stock for £75 -he said it was a Pirelli but had quite a low speed rating, but I thought it would do for now.

Tyre turned up today - and its a BRAND NEW Pirelli PZero!! - aren't these normally about £170???

By the way - has anyone had to use the space saver spare wheel - it looks absolutely ridiculous on the back :lol::lol::lol:

Great idea having space saver - but where are you supposed to put the wheel its replacing - cos it sure as hell doesn't fit in the boot! - good job I didn't have a passenger in the car - as I have to put it on the front seat!

Tyre turned up today - and its a BRAND NEW Pirelli PZero!! - aren't these normally about £170???

but where are you supposed to put the wheel its replacing - cos it sure as hell doesn't fit in the boot! -

Stock rims (17") depends on the size, actually slip in the back, underneath the strut brace with a bit to spare.

Be extremely careful if you're mixing tread patterns on an axle. ;)

"I have Pzero's on all corners"

I assume you are running P Zero Rossos on each corner as opposed to the newer P Zero? or have you got non standard wheels?

How do you find the Rossos?

I've got them on the front of mine and I don't rate them very highly, not a patch on the B/S RE050A (not to be confused with the crappy RE040!) car wants to push the nose wide on the limit earlier than the RE050A's and they don't offer as much feel.

I've got the P Zero on the rear and they are a stunning tyre, excellent grip, fairly quiet, predictable on the limit. The only downside is they wear pretty quickly.

"I have Pzero's on all corners"

I assume you are running P Zero Rossos on each corner as opposed to the newer P Zero? or have you got non standard wheels?

How do you find the Rossos?

I've got them on the front of mine and I don't rate them very highly, not a patch on the B/S RE050A (not to be confused with the crappy RE040!) car wants to push the nose wide on the limit earlier than the RE050A's and they don't offer as much feel.

I've got the P Zero on the rear and they are a stunning tyre, excellent grip, fairly quiet, predictable on the limit. The only downside is they wear pretty quickly.

These are not Rossos, just says Pzero on tyre - and they are on standard 17" rims (soon to be replaced)

Pzeros are okay, certainly better than the Bridgestones it came with! - will be getting Falkens with new rims though ;)

These are not Rossos, just says Pzero on tyre - and they are on standard 17" rims (soon to be replaced)

Pzeros are okay, certainly better than the Bridgestones it came with! - will be getting Falkens with new rims though ;)

Out of interest what size are you running on 17" rims?

225/50 17 front

235/50 17 rears

Cheers mate, I didn't think they made the P Zero in those sizes, but I could be wrong,

they make P Zero Assimetrico in rear fitment.

How much are you paying for a set of Falkens in that size?

They are Assimetrico - just been out to have a look ;)

The Falkens will be going on new rims, so not sure of sizes yet

225/50 17 front

235/50 17 rears

sorry to hear about the blowout, had one on mine two weeks after i got new goodyear f1's put on! costed me 190€ fitted. will see if i i can find that uk site that seems to have pretty good pricing on their rubber dubber.