Sprints / Time Trials - anyone do them?

IanS

A mate is starting out in a Toyota only Sprint series - really cheap entry to some motorsport and a good alternative to track days.

Does anyone have any experience of Sprinting in Zed or otherwise as I am seriously keen on getting involved!

:drive1

Even look at something like a MX-5, very light and nimble could also pick one up cheap. The Zed will be too heavy and you might get frustrated.

The toyota sprit series is great fun, mate of mine does it in a stripped out aygo. Another mate does it in a NA Supra, and he gets spanked by the aygo :lol:

Doesn't Trev do sprints........

I've been doing sprints for about 11 years now. The first 10 were in single seaters and this year I changed to production car class and am running an Evo 6. If you were to enter the Zed you would be in the same class as me and tbh you wouldn't have a look in. My car is circa 400 bhp and weighs under 1300 kgs. When you compare that to the Zed you will see what I mean. :)

My boss at work is trying to get me into sprints.

His mate does it and is in division 2 or something - you have to commit to 6 meetings over the season, and they can be whatever dates you want. He said if you have the car already, typically it only costs about £1k a season.

I think im going to stick to my drifting for next season, but will be going to some of these events to get a feel for it, an may do it the following year.

Thats all good advice, dont want to start butchering the Zed in the vaugue hope of making it competitive - something like an MX-5 or even an Aygo would be an amusing start. Going to find some local ones to go along an watch, anyone know of any in the Surrey area?