Parked up - someone reversed into me

call999

To cut a long story short, i was moving house a few weeks back and parked outside the lorry rental place, turned off the engine and SMASH... one of the guys who worked there reversed into the rear passenger corner. No big deal, @*!# happens!! it's taken a bit of paint of the bumber but wasn't bad enough to do anything other than cosmetic paint damage.

The company have been straight about it but there insurance excess is £500 and the damage will be about that anyway so they're going to pay for it to get fixed.

My issue is, i've taken it a couple of place, one wants to blend it, the other says no way respray the rear wing and the bumper... also having just moved i'm over committed and can't get this fixed for a few weeks.

Any comments on blending (I'm not a fan) and would you just say to them send me the money 1st based on the quote?

Also any decent bodyshops in the south/ central london area for the respray, quotes have varied from 500 - 1000 and all i care about is making it as good as new!!

What colour is it bud, some are harder to blend than others.

I had this with my Kuro two days after fitting a bodykit. Got it sorted and repaired for a good price and you cant tell it happened.

Dont know anyone in your area but it can be done. Azure and Banana seem to be the hardest colours to match.

I had something very similar happen with my Zed ...

Someone reversed down the drivers side of my car in a petrol station causing quite a big scrape and dented the door ...

I eventualy went through insurance as after 3 months we couldn't agree on where the car was to go for the repair ....

Good luck with it ... Hope you get it sorted soon

If they are paying get the whole panel done, but depending on colour warn the body shop it might take a few attempts to get the colour match! I know for GM for instance that there are 2 ways to make up the same colour code and thats just for one manufactures instructions (ie one paint makers instructions). Took Dave quite a few attempts to get his UY matched.