Paint Protection and valeting help

Zedrush

Hi guys, when i purchased my car I paid extra for the swiss protection paint thingy, how long does this last as not bothered to read any of the info on it, and kind lost some of the paper work :blush: Does it need redoing every year or does it last longer than that and what exactly does it protect, does it stop swirl marks or does it stop paint fading? The car is onyx black with white sparkly bits so and can see slight swirl marks so thinking might need to get it valeted properly, also anyone know anybody in se london who can valet?

Cheers :thumbs:

In the booklet I got with my Swissvax products it said something along the lines of:

Wash car every fortnight

Cleaner fluid every 3 months

Wax every 6 months

Im pretty sure thats what the booklet said although being totally honest I might be wrong as im at work and going by memory...

I wax more often than the guide says as well :D

Hi guys, when i purchased my car I paid extra for the swiss protection paint thingy, how long does this last as not bothered to read any of the info on it, and kind lost some of the paper work :blush: Does it need redoing every year or does it last longer than that and what exactly does it protect, does it stop swirl marks or does it stop paint fading? The car is onyx black with white sparkly bits so and can see slight swirl marks so thinking might need to get it valeted properly, also anyone know anybody in se london who can valet?

Cheers :thumbs:

Thanks Stew, yes I am Swissvax approved.

Hi there good choice on the paint protection though durability will depend on the wax used, how often you wash it and of course what you use. If you use detergent it'll last from the time applied til the time you use the fairy liquid LOL.

The original process probably would have been the traditional wash, clay cleanse then wax regime that a lot of us detailers follow.

Swissvax, Zymol and the like all recommend the paint cleansing bi-annually and generally top up the wax as and when you start to see the beading tail off. I advise my customers that 2 full details, and 2 top ups are the ideal scenario. Obviously budget of the individual comes into it.

The wax wont prevent swirls occurring sadly but it will provide a layer of protection. The cleaner fluid stage nourishes the paint (ie helps to stop paint fade as mentioned) and the wax is the icing on the cake.

Be happy to have a look at the car and detail it for you. My website is www.envyvaleting.co.uk if you'd like to take a look. All my contact is on the site too.

Look forward to hearing from you :blush:

Tim

Told you not to do it Jay! Best get someone like Tim come and give it a proper detail (correct any swirls etc), and finish it off with a nice wax. From then on give it a 2 bucket method wash one a fortnight (I know you wont do it weakly!) and top up the wax in a few months. Then after a year of that, get Tim to come back, asses the car and give it a good going over. At the end of the day, vs the running costs of an Aston, getting a pro come and keep it tip top once a year is more than worth the money! :thumbs:

Just a quick question whilst on the topic. My cars black but wrapped in white vinyl and although i havent seen the car properly without it on i know the previous owner said there was some swirls. Do you think these will get any worse with the vinyl on? Is it easily correctable? Dont mind paying the cash if its worth it :thumbs:

^ the paint underneath will not get worse as long as the vinyls over the top

+1 - vinyl is about the best protection you can get for paint without leaving the car in the garage :thumbs:

pink vinyl is it then, will go with my handbag B)

Amanda will love you for that one :lol::thumbs: