brakes making grinding noise??

350zcrazy

Hi guys,

Im really not too clever when it comes to breaks. So I really need your help. I have recently had the break pads replaced. When breaking theres a very clear scraping noise, or maybe a better way to describe it is like is a grinding noise. It sounds as though its coming from the rear. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

I would really appreciate your help... its a bit worrying!

I thought I better add that, after getting the pads done, the guy mentioned to take it easy on the breaks for a bit. After reading some of the other posts Ive noticed that many people have been doing the bedding in process, which I have'nt done. Do you think this would solve it?

Ive been driving around like this for about 4 days now, so will bedding in at this stage do any good?

sorry for all the questions... totally clueless when it comes to this!!

• 3 weeks later...

just done my brakes front and rear ebc dimpled and grooved discs and red stuff pads. drove home and really loud scarping/grinding noise from rear and a quieter scraping noise from the front. will this be because there brand new discs and the rear shoes are making the noise due to it being new and also poss the dimples and grooves on the discs.