Funny noise from front left wheel....

Greekman

I heard the noise for the first time after a great day at cadwell park many months ago. Then i forgot about it and the car was serviced without the dealership spotting it.

Some weeks ago and after another fab day at mallory park it got much worse!!! Its easy to hear mainly with the hood down and at low speeds, its a strange noise as the front left wheel rotates...gets faster with speed but not louder...like having a stone on the tyre but i suppose more mettalic...

Have used 2 sets of tyres since the first time i heard it and a new set of disks/pads... :dry:

Apart from that after mallory park on steady breaking it feels as if the brakes bite and let go...like braking on a push bike with a wonky wheel!!! :headhurt:

i get no vibrations from the steering wheel tho...and the handling still feels fine....i think.... :surrender:

I heard the noise for the first time after a great day at cadwell park many months ago. Then i forgot about it and the car was serviced without the dealership spotting it.

Some weeks ago and after another fab day at mallory park it got much worse!!! Its easy to hear mainly with the hood down and at low speeds, its a strange noise as the front left wheel rotates...gets faster with speed but not louder...like having a stone on the tyre but i suppose more mettalic...

Have used 2 sets of tyres since the first time i heard it and a new set of disks/pads... :dry:

Apart from that after mallory park on steady breaking it feels as if the brakes bite and let go...like braking on a push bike with a wonky wheel!!! :headhurt:

i get no vibrations from the steering wheel tho...and the handling still feels fine....i think.... :surrender:

Thats odd mate I had something similar with mine but it turned out to be debris from the road stuck between the disc and rear dust plate - i.e a lump of plastic off a van or something?

Does it make the noise in reverse?