Going to see Z - any tips

ReaperRSX

Hey guys, been a member for a few months but never posted before so first post woohoo.

Off to see a Z at the weekend and just seeing if any of you experts got some tips for me. Not really bought a car before from a private seller so any pointers would be much appreciated.

cheers

Reaps

Hey guys, been a member for a few months but never posted before so first post woohoo.

Off to see a Z at the weekend and just seeing if any of you experts got some tips for me. Not really bought a car before from a private seller so any pointers would be much appreciated.

cheers

Reaps

I'm sure if you put a few details of the car you are going to see...age would help, then members on here would have more incite on what you should look out for. :thumbs:

thanks for the welcome guys.

the one i'm looking at is an 05 plate. Just over 34k on the clock and aparently just had a P3 service done so hopefully can rely on that a bit.

The owner has already replace the rear lights with the 06 LED versions, and it also has the nismo exhaust and nismo 19" rims fitted.

Haha, yeah could well be, although been looking for a while and first one thats been anywhere remotely local...... Seems like there's hell of a lot of Z's either in the north of scotland or down in Dorset. :)

Where are you based and where's the car you're interested in? You might be able to have an experienced owner from the club take a look at it for you.

Yeah very happy chap indeed.

Sadly not completely settled with the car yet so giving the CS leicester meet a miss for now.... maybe next time when I'm much less of a noob when it come down to everything 350z.

Just gave the car a nice full cleaning including the meguiars clay kit and waxing. Excellent mirror shine on it now.

Car deffo needs a respray at the front, alot of stone chips including the front wings and even the bonnet but unfortunately can't afford it at the moment.

Pictures to follow tomorrow as its a bit dark now. I'm sure the neighbours were laughing at the amount of time i spent on it today.

Gotta say the Nismo exhaust is really nice and makes the car fairly unique, along with the nismo alloys.

Sadly not completely settled with the car yet so giving the CS leicester meet a miss for now.... maybe next time when I'm much less of a noob when it come down to everything 350z.

You should head along to the meet. You'll probably pick up heaps of useful tips etc. :)