Now ive left the 350z fold

austin350z

good choice, i broke one and am installing all the running gear into my corrado vr atm.

not knowing which version you are looking at... i used a written off mk4, about 50k, you might want to look out for...

leaking rear diff oil reseviour

condition of rear diff and propshaft bolts (these had rusted so much they instantly rounded off on my one and were a pita to remove (not that you will but bear in mind for servicing!)

wear on the seats and wheel - steering wheel is terrible and wears quickly

condition of brakes - expensive discs and pads comparable to the z

there is very little room to work in the engine bay... the R32 lump is awesome but fills the space

o and unfortunately, compared to a z it is relitively slow, although the handling is unflappable and will benifit from a remap straight away if you can afford it to bring it within z car speeds

o and if you have a bit of cash to spare, add some schrick cams, induction kit, cat back exhaust and remap and you'll be looking at 310 bhp+ and it sounds like a mental race engine :-)

the gearbox will take up to 600bhp and the engine itself can supposidly handle somewhere near 400bhp on stnadard internals. Get yourself on www.r32oc.com

Spoke to Gaz today, he said you had given him an offer, depending on a drive.

Im sure you wont be dissapointed, its a nice motor bud !!!

If you do go for it give him some sh-t, the pussy only got engaged in Dubai !!! Oh well weddings mean Stag do's which means a holiday with the lads - good times :thumbs:

All the best bud B)

good choice, i broke one and am installing all the running gear into my corrado vr atm.

not knowing which version you are looking at... i used a written off mk4, about 50k, you might want to look out for...

leaking rear diff oil reseviour

condition of rear diff and propshaft bolts (these had rusted so much they instantly rounded off on my one and were a pita to remove (not that you will but bear in mind for servicing!)

wear on the seats and wheel - steering wheel is terrible and wears quickly

condition of brakes - expensive discs and pads comparable to the z

there is very little room to work in the engine bay... the R32 lump is awesome but fills the space

o and unfortunately, compared to a z it is relitively slow, although the handling is unflappable and will benifit from a remap straight away if you can afford it to bring it within z car speeds

o and if you have a bit of cash to spare, add some schrick cams, induction kit, cat back exhaust and remap and you'll be looking at 310 bhp+ and it sounds like a mental race engine :-)

the gearbox will take up to 600bhp and the engine itself can supposidly handle somewhere near 400bhp on stnadard internals. Get yourself on http://www.r32oc.com

not sure you can say its slow mate, look at the EVO knowledge where they have tested both cars R32 at 5.8sec for 0-60 and 6.1sec for 350z to 60

and 0-100 15.1sec for the R32 and 14.8sec for the 350z so i'd say they are very fairly matched + R32 i think would beat the 350 on handling of course with same skill driver in both cars.

IMO oh, and EVO's who i think know a few things about cars :p

R32 i think would beat the 350 on handling of course with same skill driver in both cars.

I can't argue with the straight line figures but why do you say this? In the wet the Golf would muller a Zed obviously but in the dry? The R32 is just a Golf with 4WD added whilst the Zed is a RWD sports car. I know which will be the most engaging drive... ;)

PS I'm not dissing the Golf and almost went for one of these when I needed something practical. :)

R32 i think would beat the 350 on handling of course with same skill driver in both cars.

I can't argue with the straight line figures but why do you say this? In the wet the Golf would muller a Zed obviously but in the dry? The R32 is just a Golf with 4WD added whilst the Zed is a RWD sports car. I know which will be the most engaging drive... ;)

PS I'm not dissing the Golf and almost went for one of these when I needed something practical. :)

I drove an R32 and found it just to be a hyped up golf with no driver feedback or soul nearly fell asleep at the wheel

Please dont be offended mate, i love my vw's!

i said relitevely slow compared to the z, they're not slow but they do not feel as quick as the z regardless of what evo said. I have driven a few and like i said i am even putting all the gear into my project car so i'm not slagging the thing off but the experiance is very different to the z

in all honesty the reason i chose to spend so much time and effort cutting up my vgc corrado and welding in new rear floor, cross member, stripping it of all wires and original parts and rebuilding it as an R32 is because the technology is great, reliable safe handling, pretty quick as standard and easily diagnosable in the event of faults occuring

Also i prefer the look of the corrado inside and out, but the amount of extra time and effort needed is only worth it cos it will be the car i want when i'm done, if you need a reliable rapid family hatch the the r32 is a great motor, similar fuel economy to the z but has 5 seats and a boot so is a very usefull car

yeti, your 'rado will be a monster, ive been in my mates mk2 with an audi TT BAM engine in, tuned to the nines and it's an animal !!!

Don't know if you know 'dubunit' in tamworth ? i've seen a few customers cars in there and these conversions are really popular

Im buying the R32 for the exact reasons you mention previously, + the missus can drive it, she couldn't get on with the Zed

Its all good, :D

Please dont be offended mate, i love my vw's!

i said relitevely slow compared to the z, they're not slow but they do not feel as quick as the z regardless of what evo said. I have driven a few and like i said i am even putting all the gear into my project car so i'm not slagging the thing off but the experiance is very different to the z

in all honesty the reason i chose to spend so much time and effort cutting up my vgc corrado and welding in new rear floor, cross member, stripping it of all wires and original parts and rebuilding it as an R32 is because the technology is great, reliable safe handling, pretty quick as standard and easily diagnosable in the event of faults occuring

Also i prefer the look of the corrado inside and out, but the amount of extra time and effort needed is only worth it cos it will be the car i want when i'm done, if you need a reliable rapid family hatch the the r32 is a great motor, similar fuel economy to the z but has 5 seats and a boot so is a very usefull car

Build pics :teeth:

R32 got a better time on the top gear test - and that's not unbiased at all :dry::lol:

There you go Top Gear said it so it must be true, end of :bounce:

There time was done with a 2002 276 bhp import, a MY07 would be a bit quicker........................

A 2004 UK car would be quicker. Clarkson said the suspension wasn't finished on the test car, so that's at least, say, 10 - 15 seconds that should come off the time. . . ;)

There time was done with a 2002 276 bhp import, a MY07 would be a bit quicker........................

A 2004 UK car would be quicker. Clarkson said the suspension wasn't finished on the test car, so that's at least, say, 10 - 15 seconds that should come off the time. . . ;)

10-15 seconds are you on drugs my friend? :lol:

chris yes i'm well happy with it, polished it all up when i got back, got rid of the stale cigarette smell :dry: just treated it full service, 2 new front tyres, got a milltek non res cat back system fitted, had the front grill carbon wrapped,

not bad for 2 days of ownership, damn that slippery slope !!!

I'll pop some pics on tommorow you wont recognise it !!

10-15 seconds are you on drugs my friend? :lol:

chris yes i'm well happy with it, polished it all up when i got back, got rid of the stale cigarette smell :dry: just treated it full service, 2 new front tyres, got a milltek non res cat back system fitted, had the front grill carbon wrapped,

not bad for 2 days of ownership, damn that slippery slope !!!

I'll pop some pics on tommorow you wont recognise it !!

Jesus Austin :lol::lol::lol:

You certainly don't hang about.... Yeh defo post some pics, I wanna show Gaz he wont believe it..... He was a bit upset yesterday when you drove off with it, good to see its gone to a good home though..

All the best buddy :thumbs:

yeah, he seemed a bit apprehensive about the final few moments of the sale, i guess it was just the thought of giving up his pride and joy for a piece of paper !!!

The milltek non res exhaust is insane! so loud i bet it would give the K1 zorst boys on here a run for there money in volume!

i feel a bit like i pulled his pants down on the price but its what he told me he wanted? i didn't have the heart to barter him down, i think ive got a bargain. Love driving it so much more than the Zed but that of course is IMO !

Nice one again for the intro :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

We are talking Mk4 R32 here....?

I had an R32 from new in 2003, ran it for 18 months. I had mine mapped at AmD and a Milltek fitted - it needs the remap, its a different car afterwards. Also - even if you dont get it remapped make sure it got the right ECU updates, as after about 4 attempts VW finally got rid of the flat spots that they had from the factory. Mine went to VW twice for this, and then the remap sorted it out once and for all :teeth:

Loved it, and was disappointed to see the Mk6 R20 - was hoping they were going to slot the Passat 3.6 V6 into it - I could have then been tempted. I dont keep cars for long, so the fact I had the R32 for 18 months says a lot. Strangely, replaced it with a Corrado Storm + a sensible 528i daily driver.

Theres no replacement for displacement :yahoo: