350Z - '06 (296bhp) vs '07 (309bhp)?

jim3

Is there really a noticeable difference in performance, particularly if anyone has owned both? The 07 model still commands a 2-3 grand premium over the (facelift) 06. I currently drive an Alfa GTV V6 and when I tested a Z a few years ago it didn't feel all that much faster (straight line pace only, obviously :) ).

Cheers,

Jim

I definitely want a facelift model as I prefer the front bumper, LED lights and interior. I'm just not sure the 07 model is worth the extra outlay (although I will hate it knowing there's a more powerful version if I get the 06 - just me!) I agree the bonnet bulge looks cool, too.

Jim

I've driven my '06 roadster back-to-back with an '07 coupe and there's two halves of naff all in the performance really, but the extra 500rpm is very nice to have. If you've got the cash then go for it, otherwise save yourself a couple of grand. I did ;)

aye i know mate but i chose the revised engine due to the extra lower down torque and better ecconomy...slightly.. the 06 interior is the same and sometimes i prefer the earlier bonnet since mine collects stone chips.... but still glad i got the 07 overall. Like i said its down to the way you drive any car ... Lucys 2 litre GV can be wound up to show a few cars up ...not bad for a 4x4 !! :lol:

You could always buy an earlier model, have it re-mapped and swap the LEDs, bonnet etc for probably cheaper than buying an 07. Plus you get the added advantage of saving £200 a year on tax which can go towards buying the extras that are on the 07 model. Totally down to prefernce though. :thumbs: