Finally Gettin My Zed Back!!!!

lamby

:yahoo: eventually after 6 long weeks without her :cry: im eventually going to get her back tomorrow :teeth: and i cant wait :yahoo:.

All of the parts eventually came from America and i have to thank courtesy Nissan for their extended support to help get the parts to me as quick as they could. so brief low down on what had happened to the car. There was a tapping noise developed on the top end of the engine which i tried all sorts to get rid of thinking it was an oil issue but as you can guess nothing worked so eventually i handed her over to the garage to take a look inside.

They stripped the top end off and measured the valve clearances this to my surprise in some cases way out of tolerance all on the exhaust cam shaft both banks. So after some thought and further measurement we decided that it could be the valve lifters. so i removed all exhaust valve lifters and took them into work to get measured up properly by the calibration lab. This confirmed that the valve lifters had worn the worst case being 1mm almost. so i now had to decide what size valve lifters to get to fill the valve clearance gap left by the worn shims after much deliberation i ordered the same sizes as were originally installed in the engine.

so now after my 6 incredibly long weeks without my pride and joy i am finally going to get her back tomorrow. :D.

After being in the garage the other day and seeing all the dust lying on top of her i was feeling quite sad for her so i bought a snow foam lance and some other bits and bobs to make her feel better when she comes home :lol:

But most of all i cant wait to drive it again :drive1 big :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::yahoo:

i assume so i havent asked yet its been on my mind to ask for the last few days but keep forgetting will def ask tomorrow tho.

i will probs take it easy for first few hundred miles anyway because im flushing the engine after it has been sat for 6 weeks in bits. so i will be dropping the oil with a filter change after then any way.

i also managed to get the majority of my next service out of the way while most of the engine was in bits. new spark plugs iridium power, new auxiliary belts, power steering pipe as there was a leak. + new decent oil and oil filter. so should be running at her best now hopefully :D

Aint been on for few days

Yeah the engine is spot on mate thanks for asking

however i have noticed a grinding ish type of noise coming from front n/s disc i think going to investigate iv just read that it could be the backing plate rubbing on the disc? anyone got any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I investigated and it does seem to be coming more of a problem do you have the Same problem Matt?

sorry for late reply i have been away this last week.

my car 60000 miles but noise was before then.

i paid in total about 1000 gbp.

if you do have the same problem i would advise you to get the parts from America Courtesy Nissan is where i used as the Sealers are a rip off price in this country.

hope that is helpful

yeah the engines are normally rock solid mate. there are quite a few in America got the same problem as they describe it.

its more common now (in America at least) than it was about 6 month ago.

a bad batch maybe i think :wacko:

Thanks im pleased too you have no idea how much better it is now :teeth: