"The Hoon" 583.2miles!!!!!!!!

ddmroadster350z

The infamous "Jockland Hoon" was yesterday 6th Sept. My day started by getting up at 4am, making sure the good lady was ok as unfortunately she is unwell & off to meet Sandy at Stirling Services for 5.30am.

Sandy being 2mins late!! only kidding arrived with his mate Kenny the worse for ware the night before, I think a wedding reception? and then off the 148miles for Fort Augustus. As usual the weather was pissing down pretty heavy, but the road was very quite.

On the other side of Crianlarich Sandy flashed the lights, thought he was going to stop for a "WEE" but it was letting me know we had another 2 of the forum joining us "We now had a CONVOY" :yahoo: sorry about that word :lol:

As we approached a really bad horseshow type bend at Ben Dorain there was a Fiat Punto on it's roof!! had just happened minutes before we got there, fortunately somebody else had stopped and the couple apart from very shaken up had no seious injury. Now that we were drenched as the weather was horrendous we carried on the rest of the journey to Fort William for breakfast.

After 20mins at MacD's we set off again and arrived at Fort Agustus 8.50am for 9am start.

Everybody was there 23 cars in total from the length & breadth of the UK, we were the only cars in the carpark & was a fantastic site with all the different models & colours of Z's. The ones staying at Fort Augustus had naturally been partying the night before as you do & some looked pretty rough (Sorry Viks)xx. So after the meets & greets we were off I think about 9.20am.

On this note I will leave the run itself for the rest who were on the run to tell you more with the photos to match it all up.

The run was absolutely fantastic my thanks to Stew,Jane & everybody else who helped to organise a great day (I cant't still move) after eating the "Whale" sized fish at the Applecross Inn

The downer for the day was meeting a mobile police camera van at Kingussie at 7.45pm (The coffers must be empty?) my Talex camera detector screaming at me to "Reduce Speed, Reduce Speed" went unheeded as by this time to say I was so cream Crackered being very polite & couldn't be arsed conforming with the Law, after filling car with petrol arrived home 10.15pm.

On that note some statistics 583.2 miles, 85.67 litres of fuel, computer showing 30.5mpg actual being 30.95mpg not bad for a V6 3.5 296bhp fantastic sports car :#1:

:drive1

Glad you had a good time. Wish the weather had been better for you all. Any Pics ;)

There will be 100's available in the next 24hrs me being an arse was using my camra for work related projects left my 2g card for about 1200 pics in my company laptop, so much of a rush to get home on Friday night. Hence only 5 in the memory :angry:

On the mobile camera issue Derek.

Was that the one on the opposite carriageway?

Im lead to believe the cannot do anything if your driving away from it,

plus the rain was horrendous....they wouldnt have gotten a decent picture anyway :lol:.

Had a fantastic time at the Hoon, truly stunning zeds their yesterday! unfortunately i took no pictures at all so ill be stealing them once everyone has posted theirs :p, .

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as me :thumbs:.

Paul

On the mobile camera issue Derek.

Was that the one on the opposite carriageway?

Im lead to believe the cannot do anything if your driving away from it,

plus the rain was horrendous....they wouldnt have gotten a decent picture anyway :lol:.

Had a fantastic time at the Hoon, truly stunning zeds their yesterday! unfortunately i took no pictures at all so ill be stealing them once everyone has posted theirs :p, .

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as me :thumbs:.

Paul

I thought i was the only one cream crackered :lol: The rear winows had the flaps up & were facing us, so i'm afraid were on candid camera :thumbdown:

Cheers to Derek for meeting up with me and Kenny and Stirling services (dinae huve a clue what the plan was). It was great to meet other forum members and a big thanks to Stew for organising things

Here's some pic's (would have had more but I think ma Camera is on its way oot)

Sandy

DSC07171.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

DSC07174.jpg

DSC07175.jpg

DSC07176.jpg

DSC07177.jpg

DSC07178.jpg

DSC07179.jpg

DSC07180.jpg

DSC07189.jpg

DSC07192.jpg

DSC07193.jpg

DSC07194.jpg

DSC07200.jpg

DSC07217.jpg

DSC07219.jpg

DSC07220.jpg

DSC07223.jpg

DSC07224.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07226.jpg

DSC07239.jpg

DSC07250.jpg

Big thanks to stew for organising it and also to everyone who turned up. The heavens defo opened up on Fort A but it didnt ruin the amount hoonin that we did :band::yahoo: Overall was a great weekend as the roads where challenging yet enjoyable :drive1 and the company even better, which is what a meet is all about :thumbs:

I even managed to survive a whole weekend with markie and nix in our lodge and didnt get slapped once :#1:

Cant wait for the next one :D

I certainly don't need to chill out & very obvious you didn't read the post correctly & I quote

"On this note I will leave the run itself for the rest who were on the run to tell you more with the photos to match it all up"

The post was personal & with this supposed to be an open forum thought it would be of interest to show how robust the "Z" is pleasure,fuel economy & comaradarie with fellow forum members

Very obvious I was wrong to think such a foolish thing

If the people at the top (Moderators) are short sighted & stick together I am truelly disappointed as so far I have enjoyed the forum for the honesty,being unprotenious & worthwhile to be part of.

PS Thanks for the photos Sandy, :thumbs:

If their is a next time I will remember to put the bloody card in the camera

Not being a Moderator myself I think that I can agree that perhaps you have over reacted. All Dave was saying is that we are all waiting to see the photos. If I am correct we had a lot of pics posted quite quickly after the last Hoon, as we always do after most meets. I'm sure it was not directed at you personally & certainly contained no anomosity.

Not being a Moderator myself I think that I can agree that perhaps you have over reacted. All Dave was saying is that we are all waiting to see the photos. If I am correct we had a lot of pics posted quite quickly after the last Hoon, as we always do after most meets. I'm sure it was not directed at you personally & certainly contained no anomosity.

Thank you Keith :thumbs:

Like i said i am very sorry that you have taken it personally and the wrong way. It was an harmless post to say that we wanted to see pics. It happens everyday. And why would i think you are "foolish to think that way" when i have been part of creating the biggest 350z meet in europe which was all about comaradarie with fellow forum members? :wacko:

And the comment that you think moderators (team) here are short sighted is utterly ridiculous. ;)

Beginning to think that i am glad now that i could not make the Hoon :lol:

Guys...... :wacko: .....most people are still up there and are battling with a very poor signal and slow connection speeds that's why there haven't been any pics yet - I am sure there will be tons going up asap when people get home and recover

Howdy folks sorry not many pictures yet but the poor overcast weather was playing havoc with mobile signals etc. I have some video footage for you and pictures too plus a guess the ..'which car is Nessie sat on competition' :lol:

Some of us have stayed up for the rest of the week and others will probably not be back till tonight so hang fire everyone...a lot of tired folks .... btw good to meet new and past aquaintances oh and Husky really is the SPAM man... :lol:

Massive thanks to Stew again for all his hard work and to get so many people to come along from the ends of the country for a great weekend speaks volumes. Heres to Hoon 2010 :thumbs:

And relax. :) I have less thasn 1 bar GPRS at the moment and a drink to enjoy. :thumbs:

Lots af great pics to come over the next few days. Stew and Colin have continued to hoon over Applecross today and I have had a great time on Skye.

A great event for the forum with fantastic support. Even if I didnt make the run on Sunday I have finally managed to complete it over two years. :blush:

Cars have been washed now, ready for the convoy south tomorrow. :drive1

Roll on next year :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to make this to keep a track of the pics and vids.

Post Hoon media threads.

Pictures from everyone

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27251

The big Vid

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27381

The flyby vid

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27277&start=0

Ebized write up Part 1

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27518

Ebized write up Part 2

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27519