My little weekend project!

djtimo

Few vid's with the new exhaust. Some pic's and detail in my NS thread.

Not very good vid's but you get the point. :p Exhaust is loud to say the least! :blush2:

The vid's are off my iphone and dont really show the pop's/backfires to well and sorry for the clicking noise the phone was wedged in the pax head rest lol.

Its going to be too loud when the boost is doubled and the rev limit is 6.6K instead of the 4.7k I have at the moment! lol

Oh and watch them in HD the sound is better!

o_Pg2RM63Z0

I20BL_tp__E

rynnhGKn4sw

:thumbs:

:lol: fail...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

LOL... I think It blown Mark's ear drums out! When you tuner rings you to say that he's having second thought's on mapping the high boost due to the noise in the dyno cell, you know the cars loud! lol..

Im looking at magnaflow race car silencers right now! lol.. Im thinking of adding 2 16" 4" body resonators on 2.5" V band clamps and V banding the pipe I remove so i can swap between the "****ing insane" exhaust set up and the "not too bad may allow me to get on track" set up :lol:

LOL... I think It blown Mark's ear drums out! When you tuner rings you to say that he's having second thought's on mapping the high boost due to the noise in the dyno cell, you know the cars loud! lol..

Im looking at magnaflow race car silencers right now! lol.. Im thinking of adding 2 16" 4" body resonators on 2.5" V band clamps and V banding the pipe I remove so i can swap between the "****ing insane" exhaust set up and the "not too bad may allow me to get on track" set up :lol:

lol, remember to get it fitted by approved Magnaflow place so you get LIFETIME WARRANTY on the system INCLUSIVE of baffles... my baffles are nicely burnt out now so going back to my place to see what they can do for me :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a little gadget I've wanted for a while today. A cheap and cheerful SPL meter.

Its a calibrated one so I should be quite close to what you would get as a track side reading. The readings were taken at 50cm away at a 45 degree angle.

8133234d.jpg

8040c63a.jpg

As you all know the car is noisy :blush: I think it's a bit quieter now its been mapped but its still loud as hell really. I have no idea what sort of drive by SPL it would make as its louder on boost than just rev'ed with no load too.

Anyway, First vid is a cold start still on high idle around 1500 rpm.

This vid is a hot idle around 1000 rpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9VNlTkSQ4

This vid is 4000 rpm (noise test for thunder road!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grve9O8xVQY

This vid is 4750 rpm the standard noise test RPM (3/4 max rev's) The SPL meter is set on peak and hold so the 112+ decibels was the max it read.

This is as above but on the other exhaust pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeeiksqOZkk

So as you can see I have failed all the UK noise tests!!! :blush2: :bangin::angry:

Im looking to add 4" diameter magnaflow silencers but Im not sure how long they would need to be to get me down under the 105dB limit most UK tracks have?? I was looking at 14" long but Im now thinking more like there 22" long version? Any one have any ideas??

Also I have finally got round to getting the dyno's plots. There not very good pic's as there just quick phone photo's but you get the picture.

ca3ac86a.jpg

394ff51f.jpg

f755d221.jpg

:thumbs:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I got 451whp & 507lbft B)

(boost is 10.71)

:teeth:

Nice one mate! Im boosting about that may be a little more. is the 507lb ft at the wheels or fly? Im doing 448rwtq so around the 500 ish at the fly.

You like the power mate! Its wild in the wet! loll... :teeth:

I got 451whp & 507lbft B)

(boost is 10.71)

:teeth:

Nice one mate! Im boosting about that may be a little more. is the 507lb ft at the wheels or fly? Im doing 448rwtq so around the 500 ish at the fly.

You like the power mate! Its wild in the wet! loll... :teeth:

haven't a clue mate, just got word from the lads tuning the car. Haven't been able to get an insurance so looking like it wont hit the road any time soon :blush: The torq figures are from the wheels me thinks.