Envy Valeting vs Aston Martin DB7

Envy Valeting

Paint correction detail on this beauty, and my 1st Aston Martin of the year. Finished the BMW 335, then drove up country and straight on to this treasure the next day...

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

Wheels cleaned 1st with Espuma Revolution and Envy Brushes, then given a good soaking with Bubbly Jubbly.

DSC03153.jpg

Rinsed off, washed with DG shampoo, TBM and Z sponge. Dried to look like

DSC03154.jpg

Clayed with Dodo Juice Gentle Grey which pulled quite a lot off the roof and bonnet, the rest of the car surprisingly was quite good.

DSC03155.jpg

As you would expect with a correction detail I then checked the paint thickness and got some nice "hand finished" readings.

Time to capture the defects.

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

Pretty swirly, but not too many other problems. The odd patch where scrubbing of insects had occured and filled in stone chips.

Correction wise I initially tried SWCF-pro via Megs buffing pad but this only removed 50% of the swirls. Stepped up to SWCF-pro on a polishing pad...60% removal.

Ended up using Ultrafina with a couple of blobs of FCP with a Megs polishing pad and this worked a treat.

Front offside wing

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

Machined only, no wax! Nearside door

DSC03161.jpg

Front nearside wing

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

Day 1 saw good progress and I returned day 2 to finish the correction.

DSC03166.jpg

After all the machine polishing was done it was time to de-dust so we went for a drive round... :yahoo: Got a good load off, but I did have to re-do a few fly splats;)

Wax of choice was Swissvax Best of Show. Tyres were dressed with Espuma RD50, Glass cleaned with Espuma Glass green, tail pipes polished with wire wool and autosol. Side vents polished with Autosol and a very fine microfibre.

Please enjoy the afters:

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

And finally...before

DSC03150.jpg

And after

DSC03170.jpg

A truly enjoyable detail, made better by the owners being soo nice and also a car nut (who has had a few very interesting cars!

Time taken 16hrs. 15 mins after the last pic the storms hit, talk about getting done just in time!

Tim