Advice for interior cleaning....

wac201

Have a 57 plate zed and finding it a nightmare to clean the inside of the doors (the black plastic panels) - I bought some fasirly expensive turtlewax interior cleaning stuff but that seems to have left a weird swirl mark s keen to avoid this, anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next? The surfce is obviously ful of dimples which seems to make it a bit awkward!

Cheers

Alex

I have tried a few products and was speaking to Nick from Clenz about this very issue. The opinion seems to be that the more "gloss" effect you try to achieve, the more difficult it will be. I have mine finished in matte and it is a lot easier to get a good finish.

i have not tried, so this may be total garbage but....

what sort of cloth are you using? have you tried using a more textured cloth so that it gets between the small dimples on the surface?

As i said that may be a rubbish piece of advice but it does makes sense in my head!

Jak

Thanksfor all the advice guys, I have a microfibre cloth, just assume that the cleaner I'm using isn't right.... A couple of hours of bank hol have been put aside for a good clean so will try the car shampoo idea then and see how that works.....

For the insides i simply use all purpose cleaner and a cloth, i wouldn't bother dressing the doorcards with product as they will just end up greasy if you use a gloss dressing. If you must use something use a non glossy mist spray like meguiars Interior detailer or the like :thumbs:

R