Rear camber

martinopy

The time has come to replace the rear tyres but at well over £200 per tyre i want to get the camber sorted before i splash the cash as the current ones are only worn on the inside. I've decided to go for the eibach ones as i've found their products to be very good but i'm just wondering how hard/easy they are to fit? I'd like to fit them myself and then go to a tyre centre to get everything set up properly. Am i being realistic or is it all a garage job?

I assume you are talking about the wheel spacers. They will not affect your camber and if your tyres are already wearing to the inside i suspect a worn bush or some other element of the rear suspension. :blush:

I have 25mm rear spacers fitted and do not have tyre wear issues :thumbs:

OH in answer to your quest I fitted my own in about an hour just grab a mate to press the footbrake when you are tightening the fronts--makes life so much easier :rant:

Are you talking about the camber arms or the camber bolts? Camber arms are pretty easy, but the bolts look like a sod when I saw Adrians done, so I dont think you could do them on axle stands as you will need a decent size breaker bar which means up on the ramps. Camber bolts I'd say the same, but needs more expertise with a dremel or similar to remove the metal as per the template. Either way, I'd take it to a garage.

If you are referring to the camber arms or bolts and if you are handy with the tools then an easy DIY, if not then a trip to the garage I am afraid.

Have you tried adjusting the toe and the camber using the stock adjusters as you only require the aftermarket stuff if you have seriously lowered your suspension.

I assume you are talking about the wheel spacers. They will not affect your camber and if your tyres are already wearing to the inside i suspect a worn bush or some other element of the rear suspension. :blush:

I have 25mm rear spacers fitted and do not have tyre wear issues :thumbs:

OH in answer to your quest I fitted my own in about an hour just grab a mate to press the footbrake when you are tightening the fronts--makes life so much easier :rant:

No i'm not talking about spacers, i have the car lowered and the camber is off so i'm going to get the eibach camber arms to adjust the camber.

If you are referring to the camber arms or bolts and if you are handy with the tools then an easy DIY, if not then a trip to the garage I am afraid.

Have you tried adjusting the toe and the camber using the stock adjusters as you only require the aftermarket stuff if you have seriously lowered your suspension.

I was thinking of the camber arms buddy. I haven't tried the stock adjusters but it's worth a try before i spend the money on the arms. It's just the eibach lowering springs so not too low. Thanks for the advice :thumbs: