P3 Servicing!

speedy

Hi all!

Been doing a little research on the 72,000 P3 service, local (ish) to Reading….!!

Reading Nissan - £380

Henley Independent (very good reviews and free car) - £374

Abby - £300

JVS - £220

TGM - £225

I am thinking of going to TGM as they are not that far from me, good price and have some good reviews….but I was wondering on what other people thought?

TGM are top guys!! They looked after my CTR for a couple of years, and I was, and still am, very happy with the work Tom and his team do! :thumbs:

Only thing that I hate when going there is that god awful "SANKEY LANE" regular visitors affectionately call it "SKANKEY LANE" as its full of pot holes, Bumps,big puddles (If it rains)!

You need a FAST RALLY-SET UP :drive1 just to get to his workshop :lol::thumbdown:

They are experts at camber and wheel alignment with Honda CTRs, so the Zed shouldnt pose too much of a problem!

Jerry ;)

• 4 months later...
Hi all!

Been doing a little research on the 72,000 P3 service, local (ish) to Reading….!!

Reading Nissan - £380

Abby - £300

JVS - £220

TGM - £225

I am thinking of going to TGM as they are not that far from me, good price and have some good reviews….but I was wondering on what other people thought?

Sorry to bring up an old (ish) thread but did TGMs price include all parts? TGM have just quoted me about the same but that price doesn't include parts cost.

• 2 weeks later...

got a few service prices for you all in and around the North East

Hi John

sorry for the delay in replying, the prices below are for 350z owner club members

P1 Å140.00 all inc.

P2 Å196.00 all inc

P3 Å214.00 all inc.

The above prices are for visual inspection of the brakes as specified on Nissan service sheet,

As with the Brembo brakes fitted to350Z we would recomend a strip & clean as necessary at any of the services,which would be charged at Å61.00 all inc.

Also a spark plug change when necessary would be charged at Å165.00 all inc,

all inc. parts,labour & vat.

if we can be of any further help with anything please call myself

Andrew Atkin - Atkin Motor Engineers

Also

Falcon Performace in M'boro - Prices to club members is as follows:

P1: £130.00

P2: £173.00

P3: £216.00

FP1: £148.00

FP2: £160.00

FP3: £202.00

Seeing as your from around Croydon I think I'll remember this, for my next service, which luckly isn't a P3! :)

If your in the Croydon / Banstead area, abbey do servicing ;) Least they support this forum unlike others that are being mentioned!

Cant agree with that more :thumbs:

Hi all!

Reading Nissan - £380

Abby - £300

JVS - £220

TGM - £225

Sorry to bring up an old (ish) thread but did TGMs price include all parts? TGM have just quoted me about the same but that price doesn't include parts cost.

That include everything that needed to be replaced in the service i.e. oil, fliter etc etc (I can not rememeber what else is done) - what parts were you talking about?

Oil, filters etc. But I do also want all the extras doing like diff oil, plugs etc.

Plugs are not part of a P3 service but i think the diff oil is.

Diff oil won't be changed as standard during a P3 on the Zed; it's the viscous type coupling and the service manual states that this doesn't need doing. Again, I have to repeat, there is no difference between a P2 and a P3! All extras such as coolant change, brake fluid change, plugs etc are separate items and will be charged for over and above the prices quoted (unless you do a deal with the dealer or the dealer doesn't use the standard procedures listed in the service schedule).

does that mean it wont be changed or there is no need but it might be changed - mines in tomorrow and if they arent going to change it then Ill get the coolant changed as have the brake fluid changed anyhow

Is this the only difference in the p2 and p3 or are there other checks done

does that mean it wont be changed or there is no need but it might be changed - mines in tomorrow and if they arent going to change it then Ill get the coolant changed as have the brake fluid changed anyhow

Is this the only difference in the p2 and p3 or are there other checks done

According to the service schedule for the 350z there is no need to change the diff oil at all (although people still do as a "belt and braces" approach). As I keep repeating, there is no additional servicing done for a P3 than is done at a P2. Brake fluid, coolant, plugs and air bag inspection are "additional service items at additional cost" that are time dependent every 2 years for brakes and 3 years for coolant and 5 years for plugs and 10 years for the air bag system - these items are not covered under the standard servicing (unless you can do a deal with your garage).

Check page 19 of your service book. I still don't know why garages charge more for a P3 than a P2 - they are ripping us off!!!!!

Having said all that, my dealer did change my brake fluid as part of my P2 and didn't charge me extra, but they are very nice people at Crystal's Nissan in Lincoln :D