Round trip economy

smudga

Out of interest I did a trip from Cambridge to Southampton & back in a day and despite getting held up in a 1/2hr que on the M3 the car averaged 30.3mpg on the way there and 28.4mpg on the way back I was absolutely amazed :)

Now I know you're all going to say i wasn't driving it hard enough, but I got there very quickly and similar on the way back after the que & not much came passed me :dry: Just brill how such a performance machine can be so economical at the right side of 70mph !!! :lol:

AND to top it all I didnt see another one all day B)

I got 32 mpg when I picked her up in York and had to drive back to Oxford in a mixture of really heavy rain (so you had to take it easy) and the M1 roadworks.

I've since gone through 3 tank fulls on day to day driving to/from work and all three have given beween 27.8 and 28.0 mpg. No real chnace to put the foot down on the 15 mile journey though :(

I tend to be getting around 27mpg.

Whenever I start my car and drive it for the first few minutes the computer fuel range normally drops by about 20 miles even though I may have only travelled 2 miles. Then it slowly starts increasing if I drive carefully for the rest of the journey. Maybe it burns more fuel when cold or maybe I'm not too smooth on the throttle or something. Any one else have the same problem?

I tend to be getting around 27mpg.

Whenever I start my car and drive it for the first few minutes the computer fuel range normally drops by about 20 miles even though I may have only travelled 2 miles. Then it slowly starts increasing if I drive carefully for the rest of the journey. Maybe it burns more fuel when cold or maybe I'm not too smooth on the throttle or something. Any one else have the same problem?

Wouldn't say its a problem, the computer thing is only an indication. it makes a calculation based upon the current drive situation at the time as to how far the range is. So if its cold and just started up, if the situation continued like that it will show the distance you can travel before running out, but as it warms and uses less fuel the range will increase.

You can also fool it by having a steady run and say sitting on the motorway at 65mph & re setting on the go, you'll be amazed at the dte in that situation but its only real if the drive continues in the same way.

I average 26 - 34 subject to mood town or motorway .

the trip comp has to be reset before the journey but its just an average. it said 98mpg on mine last week I was going to take a pic to show you lot but I know it was just twisting my melon man!! :lol: