Japspeed Any Good?

danZman

Pics and reality are 2 different things!!

They just buy other parts and put the japspeed logo on, they may even be owned by halfords....

Depends on what your perception of good is I suppose.

They probably havnt tested "themselves" for performance fig, they prob use the peoples they copy...

Stuff will be made in china or taiwan at a guess...

i like the look of there oil catch cans,

some of there stuff i'd touch other bits not so much. they are a budget performance aftermarket company but never heard anything bad.

as for bhp gains, all companies make optimistic gains, as you can get a rolling road to say what ever you want. ;)

Pics and reality are 2 different things!!

They just buy other parts and put the japspeed logo on, they may even be owned by halfords....

Depends on what your perception of good is I suppose.

They probably havnt tested "themselves" for performance fig, they prob use the peoples they copy...

Stuff will be made in china or taiwan at a guess...

must admit, japspeed does sound like ripspeed :blush:

i like the look of there oil catch cans,

some of there stuff i'd touch other bits not so much. they are a budget performance aftermarket company but never heard anything bad.

as for bhp gains, all companies make optimistic gains, as you can get a rolling road to say what ever you want. ;)

I've bought a japspeed exhaust and its great. The welds aren't the best but to be fair I went from a Fujitsubo who are known for their quality. I personally see them as a cheap and cheerfull brand which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I wouldn't ever buy engine internals from someone like that :)

You still got the japspeed exhaust now?

Are you pleased with it?

Yeah I've still got the exhaust. Its the quite popular K1, Yeah I'm very happy with it, polishes up well and makes a great sound (IMO). There is nothing wrong with the welds structurally but I have seen better.

I bought a japspeed manifold to attach to my Buddy exhaust kit. I def noticed a change of exhaust sound, it made it sound more throatier. Have to get it onto a dyno to see if there is really any hp gain.

does it feel any better? Also how long for fitting?

It does feel better certainly sounds better than the original OEM manifold. We originally thought we would have to move the engine forward to get the new manifold in, but we didn't. It was very fiddly but it took us around 3 hours but there was a lot of arsing about by us....lol

guessing you havnt checked the temps under the bonnet then.... unsheilded manifolds gave me a 20degree increase on engine temp... lots of bad hot air under there... and that was a rolling temp increase!

Heatsheilds bought the temp down from my fujitsubos... I would suggest if your thinking of FI then you need to get them dipped or wrapped....

I bought a japspeed manifold to attach to my Buddy exhaust kit. I def noticed a change of exhaust sound, it made it sound more throatier. Have to get it onto a dyno to see if there is really any hp gain.

Have you got a buddy club pro spec exhaust aswell?

Much difference to the noise? I want headers, but with sports CAT i find the buddy club loud already....