Reversing sensors - warranty issue - help please

Ebized

One of the 4 sensors dosen't...

Took it into the local Nissan dealership who are not convinced the installation is Nissan approved, which as I bought the car new specifying the optional sensors seems just a little odd. (The car was supplied by a dealer friend who sourced it from Nissan Shepperton and I recall having to wait for the car to be delivered to my dealer until the sensors were fitted - I presumed by the Nissan dealer). The local garage Nissan dealer are unwilling to deal with it as a warranty issue, until convinced it is an approved item :dry:

Does anyone recognise the box of tricks in the pic that is potentially at fault? (It might possibly be the supply wire to the sensor that is not working). We know the actual sensor itself is OK.

P1050637a.jpg

Under the wording in the right corner the number 60120563. But there is no Nissan emblem etc to say what make it is.

Sorry to say mate but that dosnt look like mine... I can have another look though just to make sure tomorrow evening..

You had the bumper off? They can easily become detached, and also can get water damage as they dont look sealed. Very weird that the sensor is working but the unit isnt, I take it they moved the non working sensor wire plug to on that was working and it went ping?

I had issues with mine, the place that fits the reverse sensors is not nissan, big phil told me it was usually a warehouse near him, done by a bunch of monkeys, i managed to melt mine onto my exhaust, but as they used about 20ft of wire to go maybe 3 or 4 ft of distance i rewired it quite easily.

I asked about warranty and nissan said on the parking sensors it is only 12 months as the warranty isnt supplied by them :thumbdown:

Sorry to say mate but that dosnt look like mine... I can have another look though just to make sure tomorrow evening..

You had the bumper off? They can easily become detached, and also can get water damage as they dont look sealed. Very weird that the sensor is working but the unit isnt, I take it they moved the non working sensor wire plug to on that was working and it went ping?

Swopped the one non-working sensor with another that was OK and it worked but then the one that was working would not work when swopped over. (There are connectors about 6 inches down the wires from the sensors when you pull them out from the bumper). As the dealer verified, the fault is either in the supply wire or the unit itself.

The supply unit was sticky-padded inside the boot onto the bumper bulkhead - completely dry there. I am hoping the fault is in the unit that can easily be swopped over (hopefully at Nissan's cost) rather than in the supply wire, although I have no doubt a decent electrian can feed a new supply wire through if necessary without taking the bumper off. I'll give that option a go myself if it comes to it :)

With Maccaman's help idenitfying the supplier (who supply the industry) I am hoping it will be proved to be an authorized Nissan fitment at new covered by the 3 year warranty, but anything you have to confirm or otherwise so I can get it fixed sooner than later would be welcome :thumbs:

Hope you get it sorted son Colin - btw why you worrying whats behind you - normally your leaving everyone in a cloud of dust! :p;)

errrrrrrrrrr - I do use reverse and have damaged my rear - hoping not to repeat that :blush: