Bluetooth Adaptor for Nokia 5800

Miss 350Z

I've just upgraded my phone to a Nokia 5800 touch phone and it won't connect with the bluetooth adaptor in my Zed. Really annoyed, how do i go about sorting this out? Anyone else had the same problem?

xx

Apologies if i posted this in the wrong place... wasn't sure where to put it!

You should have no problems with the 5800, works fine on mine...heh someone else posted as I was typing :lol:

I have the bluetooth icon as a shortcut, on the phone's front screen, for easy activation/deactivation. If you come across an easier way let me know

Forgive me if this sounds patronizing but just to be sure your have the adaptor fitted - check out this thread which shows the item in the cradle - they were not supplied with 55 ZEDs new so it wil have been added at some time after.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13358&hilit=BLUETOOTH+ADAPTOR

If so, I presume you are also trying to pair your phone with the adaptor with the ignition switched on otherwise it won't work.

If it is still not working then, given others have said their same phone works ok, is that you have a dud bluetooth adaptor. Do you konw another local forum member who might be able to test theirs with your phone?

Hope this helps and sorry about suggesting you check the basics but I thought it might be worth mentioning :blush:

Well I thought I'd help a bit more so deleted all my paired devices to try and connect again.....guess what? I could not connect and the damned phone would not detect the Zed :rant: sending you to the bottom of my Christmas card list :lol:.

This is a long shot and would be a big coincidence if you are suffering the same problem. Anyhow, when you turn the ignition on the BT adapter should flash rapidly between orange and red. It should then change to orange. Mine was going to red (though I didn't realise that was wrong). I gave up, walked into the house and notice my work phone lit up...mmm I wonder, checked it and I'd left BT active on that phone that also connects to the zed. What was happening was the Zed was connecting to the phone in the house and therefore ignoring my phone in the car.

You say you've just upgraded, any chance you old phone is still switched on and beating your shiny new 5800 to the connection?

If the BT adapter is showing red before you connect the 5800 it could be another BT device causing the issue

Firstly, the Zed had the adaptor in it when i bought it and i could connect straight away with my old phone (Nokia 6500 slide). So I think I can assume that there's nothing wrong with the adaptor itself.

Secondly, my old phone has been switched off with no SIM ever since getting my new phone, so this can't be causing any trouble.

Thirdly, yes i had the car running at the time when i tried to connect the two.

I know that when my Dad got his new phone (also a 5800 like my new one) he could no longer connect to his car and when he did some research on the internet it's apparently a common problem with the BMW and Nokia 5800. Could it be that my bluetooth adaptor is too old and the technology has changed slightly...?? I think I will contact my Nissan agent on Monday to enquire.

xx

as far as im aware when talking to the blutooth guys at work(infotainment) every phone needs to be put onto the system as they are all slightly different. im not sure of the specifics but basically the newer the phone the less chance it will work. i believe that when you take your car in for a service usually the car is updated with the newest software without your knowledge. this is to save the ineveitable, why doesnt my new phnoe work routine, could be it needs some form of update form nissan?

as far as im aware when talking to the blutooth guys at work(infotainment) every phone needs to be put onto the system as they are all slightly different. im not sure of the specifics but basically the newer the phone the less chance it will work. i believe that when you take your car in for a service usually the car is updated with the newest software without your knowledge. this is to save the ineveitable, why doesnt my new phnoe work routine, could be it needs some form of update form nissan?

I think you have hit the nail on the head! Although i didn't know you could have the bluetooth adaptor software updated, so that's good news! The car went in for a service 3 weeks ago, so I'll have to assume they didn't do any form of upgrade then.

I'll get in touch with Nissan. Yey! Thanks! :yahoo:

ar eyou getting any LED on on top of the bluetooth adaptor. When you turn the ignition on the adaptor flashes orange indicating its searching for devices. If you have pairded your phone it will turn to solid red. If not it should come up with a message on you phone if you are also searching for devices. You will need to enter the pairing code in. I think from memory its 1234

Does you phone see the Nissan 350Z when searching for bluetooth devices

Yeah I have bluetooth on and set to shown to all, but it just won't connect. When i do a search on my phone it says "no active devices". My Dad had the same problem in his BMW 5 series and was told that the car is too old for the phone!!!!

x

I'm having the same problem with my Nokia 5800, did you speak to Nissan?

I've just spoken to a Nissan agency in Swansea and they told me that i would have to take the Zed in for them to look at the adaptor. Sometimes they can do a software update, but i think it depends on the model of adaptor. If not, it'll mean a new adaptor at muchos expense (£100ish). The joys of technology!!!

x

I've just spoken to a Nissan agency in Swansea and they told me that i would have to take the Zed in for them to look at the adaptor. Sometimes they can do a software update, but i think it depends on the model of adaptor. If not, it'll mean a new adaptor at muchos expense (£100ish). The joys of technology!!!

x

What a ball ache.

I have managed to get mine working now, fingers crossed yours gets sorted ASAP.

x

I am very near the Swansea area (Skewen). If you would like to try my bluetooth in your car your welcome (I want it back mind :lol: ). At least it will prove if its a problem with your adaptor or not.

Cheers

Dave

x

What a ball ache.

was it operator error?

x

What a ball ache.

was it operator error?

Yes, haven't really used the hands free option much before as my car came without the manual :blush: