oil light flashed????

Gibby

hey turns out the wife was driving the z and she said the oil light flashed, didnt believe her then it hapned while I was driving then when checked the oil there was none left???? Wots this all about? does this happen alot? or is there somthing else goin on?

Any guidence would be most helpfull! :thumbs:

I hope you checked the oil level after the light did come on (while cold and on level ground). This light indicates when on tells you that you have no oil pressure and your basically pumping air. Very damaging for the engine. It is no way to be confused with a oil level indicator. That is your dipstick.

yeah its a 55plate and it was last serviced in may. its been fine the past couple of days tho will check weekly and put in to get checked out just to make sure nothings wrong.Ive been giving her sum wellie since ive had her and havent checked th oil so im guessin thats all. Just wanted to know if there was any problem areas with the z.

Thanks guys

i didnt check after it got serviced as it got done at dealer b4 i bought it! ive put oil in it! 2ltr and its been fine but i will def get it checked out.

you've put 2lts of oil in. Thats excessive use or never had enough put in in the first place. The Z takes 4.7ltrs of oil when doing a oil and filter change. To top up you should never need more than 1ltr i think

did you check the oil after the service. A member just a coupl eof weeks ago was driving around with no oil just after a service. Looks like the dealers forgot to put the oil in.

:scare: Thats nuts!!!!!!

Unfortunately it's not usual. It's happened to two of my friends, both after a Nissan dealer service. Had this happen with my own car with coolant, told them it was low, went to leave and they hadn't filled, but had charged me for it. Furious.

As it's already been asked if it's a rev-up engine some of them have had a tendency to burn excessive oil. Very well documented on www.my350z.com. :wacko:

i didnt check after it got serviced as it got done at dealer b4 i bought it! ive put oil in it! 2ltr and its been fine but i will def get it checked out.

you've put 2lts of oil in. Thats excessive use or never had enough put in in the first place. The Z takes 4.7ltrs of oil when doing a oil and filter change. To top up you should never need more than 1ltr i think

+1 :scare: 1ltr per 1000 miles is the accepted max use I think something like that. 2ltrs straight off the bat is madness!