Toyo T1-R

M13KYF

may of found a pair of Toyo's at http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ for £307.98 all in.

Falkens £245.60 all in.

Only thing is whether to mix brands front and back. Currently gotToyo's on the front.

anybody hear of them, seem to have good testimonials but thats easy to make up. Checked that there fitter can cope with the size and they can do up to 22's.

Sure I've heard that name before, are they a mobile fitter? Maybe I have seen their van around. I suggest googling them and see if anything nasty turns up, if not you should be ok :)

yep mobile fitter

Sure I've heard that name before, are they a mobile fitter? Maybe I have seen their van around. I suggest googling them and see if anything nasty turns up, if not you should be ok :)

yep mobile fitter

If it were me, I'd see what google had to say. If theres nothing bad, give them a go with Toyo, if there are horror stories then get some Falkens. They arent going to be that different if you take it easy. How long until the other pair need doing?

I'd say give them a try. Just keep a keen eye on them when they fit them and balance them. Also ask for them to hang around while you go for a test drive to see if there is any judder. If they are any good they should be happy to hang about, afterall if its not quite right how are you meant to get it fixed! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Okaaaaaaaaaaay

Pricing Toyos today - so I can swap my 'stones for winter

Camskills: £474 delivered

Blackcircles: £635 delivered

thats for 2x 245/45/18 and 2x 225/45/18s

WTF? How can there be so much difference - obviously as its bank holiday I can't even find out if they're in stock :doh:

go to camskills and get the vredestein ultra sessantas, meant to be an awesome tyre, and not much difference in price over the toyo. ;) came 3rd in evo tyre review 2007

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vrede ... ssanta.htm

its the route i'm going in a month or so ;)

Funnily enough - my local independant tyre place is pushing the vredesteins and a colleague runs her scooby on them......they are on the shortlist but for longevity I'm really not sure

Go for it now before they change the price structure. :thumbs:

Just order and pay for them online when the offer is still on and worry about eta later :thumbs:

Go for it now before they change the price structure. :thumbs:

Just order and pay for them online when the offer is still on and worry about eta later :thumbs:

Unless you driving around on completely bald tyres of course... ;)

Unless you driving around on completely bald tyres of course... ;)

Nah mate they're fine the rears were new in June and have only done 4k - I just want to feel that bit safer come winter - the zed's my daily driver and I don't want to have to banish my partner to the peasant wagon for the whole winter so that I can use the Astra ........I'm keeping the 'stones for summer and track ;)