Hopefully picking up my Z on Friday...

Hey guys

Well after lots of hunting I am hopefully picking up my Z next Friday. 2005 GM with GT pack, Rays and satnav. I drive a Clio 182 Cup at the moment so to say I'm looking forward to playing with the V6 is an understatement. :evil:

I've already got a shopping list including 20mm wheel spacers, stubby ariel, and LED rear lights. I'm guessing all can be bought on here?

I will also be getting the wheels refurbed as they have bubbling and some light curbing. I'm trying to think of what colour will look good, other than the standard silver. It seems a shame to spend money getting them to look like new and not to take the opportunity to be a little creative. B) Has anyone on here got theirs done in matt or satin black? Only problem I can see is that because the spokes stop short of the rims they may look a little small?

Sounds good. I'm not far at all from you-I'd take any excuse to head out to Amersham. some great roads out there (I went to school there). :thumbs:

This is easily THE best owners forum I have used. Absolutely no attitude unlike most other forums. :)

Welcome! :)

Not the same alloys shown in the pic, but silver with black wheels is THE choice to go for if your wanting more heads to turn:

24869050107_large.jpg

Some people have had their rays painted black with a coloured lip on them and they look great.

Or you could just change them for different alloys and keep the others for track and winter use. :thumbs:

As for the other stuff, there are various traders advertised on the Portal page - drop them a PM and ask for prices. The rear LEDs pretty much everyone on here gets them from a user called ZMANALEX. I got mine from him, simple plug and play for all versions and cost a lot less than Nissan want them for (and their genuine one's).

I have a two tone theme, going on with my zed. Black and silver.............. just wait till it gets back from the shop :blush:

Bingo (nice zed btw)! B)

rawbhp; It's up to you, but I'd recommend keeping a theme like Jay has otherwise you'll end up with a mish mash of random nastyness. :)

I have a two tone theme, going on with my zed. Black and silver.............. just wait till it gets back from the shop :blush:

Bingo (nice zed btw)! B)

rawbhp; It's up to you, but I'd recommend keeping a theme like Jay has otherwise you'll end up with a mish mash of random nastyness. :)

Cheers bud :) I cant wait to get it back from the shop then i am 75% from completing her

Welcome mate,looks like it's going to be a long week fir you.

Take your time over the first couple of days if you have not driven a rear wheel drive car before,especially if it's been raining.

No probs there. My previous car was an RX7 with 370hp and no traction control! Had some interesting fish tailing moments during winter...

I think black wheels with a coloured rim look excellent and really highlight the size, but it's not a look I'm going for. I want a very subtle look. I may look at other alloys but it seems a bit of a waste when I will already have a very nice set of forged Rays!

Welcome. :D Post us pics of the beasty on Friday, if you have time between driving and stopping at the gas station. :lol:

Take your time over the first couple of days if you have not driven a rear wheel drive car before,

especially if it's been raining.

And especially if it's riding on the stock Bridgestones. :wacko:

Wouldn't worry about the bridgestones unless they have low tread on them. I was on Eagle F1's with about 3-4mm of tread on them when i went for a spin into the barriers :scare: Blame can't all be put on tyres though!! The Z is powerful, and just a tad too much throttle in the wet will send you on a rollercoaster ride.

:welcome: bud

You will find this forum very helpful and civilised and you will get all the info you need to enjoy your zed fully and in due couse contibute to its resources :thumbs:

i aggree with your thinking of modding your wheel instead of being uncreative ;) black wheel always look the biz on GM or BS B)

keep an eye out for the sales section for used stuff or the woberful traders we got here.