A suitable secure Bike carrier for the boot.

givememorepower

Thought this may be useful to some, as I have had a great deal of difficulty finding a rack that not only fits, but one that is secure enough for me to trust. This way I can use my car instead of my van when I go biking. :D YOu can still open the boot when this is fitted, although easier without the bike on. Lights and plate still visible. Clips plastic coated and rubber feet on the rack itself.

Also you don't need to drill your boot well!

Made by Vermont, cost £120 and was bought from cpcycles.com, available for delivery from Cliff Pratt Cycles Hull.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Thanks to 'Givememorepower' I have invested in this rack and a new bike (naturally - any excuse) :teeth:

Below are some piccies - im sure I can adjust it more as the bike is sitting a bit high as it is but the rack is not bad - ideal for the z :) The plastic pivot joints are a bit suspect-no matter how much you tighten them IMHO, but as long as you secure tightly with the straps the bike is locked down :)

G

Caroline has a very nifty bike carrier. Saw it at Zedfest. She got it custom made. Worth a pm if considering this as it was very well done.

Did hers sit as high Mike and could she open boot with the rack still on?

Not the same, as she has a roadster

Ehhhhhhh, Carolines one would work the same on a coupe I'd have thought. Apart from a little extra chassis bracing underneath I don't think there is much difference between them from the shoulder line down.

Looks a bit mental, no doubt you have watch the old right foot too!

No ;)

.....think of it as testing under load :)

Interesting set-up that Caroline's one - takes away the worry of having the rack nicked whilst you are out and about on the bike :thumbs:

But yeah does look not too substaintial either - but who am i to talk with that monsterous contraption sitting on me Z :lol: