What are the cheapest and best mods

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the 350z world having just purchased a uk 2003 gt.I love the car but would like to improve the performance if i can?

I was thinking of getting a nismo fuel pump? A jwt popcharger? a miltech exhaust system?

As i said earlier i dont know a great deal about these cars so any feedback or advice would be welcomed ?

Thanks' and have a good weekend everyone

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ and welcome to the forum. I have moved this to the intro section, you will still get your answers but you get to meet a few of us.

The 350z ecu cancels out gains unless you want to play with the ecu. The exhaust and intake mods do make it sound a lot beter though. :)

Hi, :welcome:

The old adage is true for the Z as for other cars. "Speedi s a matter of mony, How fast can you go"

Before throwing more fuel at it. I would suggest improving getting it in there and then back out. There are loads of CAI's out there and the flavor choice is yours. I have Dual NISMO CAI's personal chioce, but take a look at whats on offer.

Exhausts again vary greatly, but this is again is your choice and none are cheap (well to me anyway) :blush:

How much power it makes and as importantly how much noise it makes will influence your choices. 20 extra horses is fantastic, but if this thing drives you mad on tickover you'll hate every minute of it.

Hope this helps (a Bit) :D

Hi Russ, the best mod you can make on your car at the moment is a visit to RS Tuning. Maybe wise to get the exhaust and popcharger first, also a plenum spacer if you can stretch your budget. After a couple of hrs with RS you will get a good increase in torque and a few extra horses out of her.

:welcome:

The Zed is a strange beast and does its best not to let you have any gains from mods. The window for tuning itself is very small, so letting the engine breath will give you some performance but not as much as the manufacturers will advise. Best route is to get plenum spacer first as it gives good gains for the cost, then intake and exahaust which might net you a few bhp more, but most importantly will give you a nice free flowing system for when you get a remap. This can be done either by reflash (UpRev via RS Tuning or Abby) or piggyback (plenty of options there, too many to name).