Help with sat nav....

kevinxgreen

Hi everyone, first post on here...

I've had my 350 for a few months now and was wondering if it is possible to have the sat nav detect, and warn you of nearby speed cameras?

I've been through all the options skimmed through the manual but cannot find anything. It looks like the sat nav possibly does not have this function....but for a 1200 quid optional extra You would certainly expect so!?!?

The birdview is a pretty good unit but there are limited options. It wont take postcodes and there is no facility to update. I spend a fair bit of time driving through fields even on roads which have been around for a few years.

It has no facility to handle speed cameras and safety zones. I have a Saphire fitted for when this may be an issue. :)

Yes for £1200 you'd expect it to do pretty much everything. There is a way to get extra POI onto some DVD systems (ie reburn the DVD and add the files in) but I'm fairly sure this isn't possible with the Birdview system :dry:. It is a pain as I end up running my old tomtom aswell just to get the camera warnings

OK guys cheers for the replies seems like a pain having to use something else just to get speed/mobile camera warnings when you've already got something that should be well capable of it!!....but hey guess thats just the way it is.

And my appologies for breaking the rules sunset350z, I did not realise the etiquette expected on this forum was similar to that at a cheese and wine party with Michael Parkinson. But yes, ill be sure to introduce myself mate, cheers.

• 3 months later...