I got spotted by...

BulletMagnet

Unlucky mate, 3 points is nothing now though most insurance companies don't even count it. If your lucky you could get a "driver improvement" course instead.

R

I doubt he will get offered that considering hes 20mph over the limit

Unlucky mate, 3 points is nothing now though most insurance companies don't even count it. If your lucky you could get a "driver improvement" course instead.

R

I won't be offered a course.....I've done one earlier this year in relation to another incident....

Are you "proud" because you've managed to go so long without a ticket or proud of the fact that you got caught breaking the law ?!? ;):p

Bit of both really, had the car since January this year and it's taken till now to get one and the fact that the Zed is adding to my driver history... :blush:

:dry: was this a Gatso or a mobile one?

I only do some spirited driving out in the wilderness with enjoyable roads - but even then its nothing dangerous or crazy (i.e. racing style) and always looking out for potential hazards and plod. I don't agree with these camera's at all, unless used in built up areas (i.e. schools, hospitals, etc).

My golden rule is just don't speed, especially in urban areas. Might sound boring, but you avoid this type of stuff (although I agree its inevitable you'll probably get caught one day - we're all human and make mistakes, pushing that pedal a little harder than you should at times).

:dry: was this a Gatso or a mobile one?

I only do some spirited driving out in the wilderness with enjoyable roads - but even then its nothing dangerous or crazy (i.e. racing style) and always looking out for potential hazards and plod. I don't agree with these camera's at all, unless used in built up areas (i.e. schools, hospitals, etc).

My golden rule is just don't speed, especially in urban areas. Might sound boring, but you avoid this type of stuff (although I agree its inevitable you'll probably get caught one day - we're all human and make mistakes, pushing that pedal a little harder than you should at times).

I agree. 30 and 40 are the most important speed limits. I friend of mine was hit outside my house when I was 11. Mentally, he still is 11 and physically ruined. it just ain't worth it.....

Was on a dual carriage leading out of town, was a mobile unit that was "well positioned"...

I got caught the other day on one of those, coming from a 60 into a 40, was at the naughty drivers institute the other day after being caught at 46 in the 40. Dual carriageway, just didn't slow enough.....

Oddest bit of all...... I was in the Volvo!! :bangin::bangin:

I got caught by one of West Wales "finest" officers hidden behind a wall with a gun just after midnight :dry:

Got me doing 45 in a 30 (In my defence I thought it was a 40 with it being a dual carriageway heading onto a B road :rant: )

You get a certain amount of sympathy from me as long as it wasn't in a built up area. I got my Zed yesterday and how you keep to the speed limit on a motorway without gluing your eyes to the speedo instead of the road is quite beyond me. The drive is so amazing that you just don't realize how fast you are going :D. I have a horrible feeling that 25 years free of points free driving is not going to last much longer. :scare: Looks like its time to buy a GPS camera locator, anyone have any recommendations?

Nearest I ever came to a run in the law over my speed was in Canada a couple of years ago. I was driving like a bat out of hell through some unmanned roadworks on a highway to get my German Shepherd to the emergency vet when his spleen ruptured and was stopped at two and a half times the speed limit. Fortunately the cop was a dog lover and just asked me to slow down :)