Wow! Schumacher to return to F1

Rentech

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

problem is, if he doesnt do very well people will inevitably start sayin was he really that good or was it just the car as his cars off pace now and he's not winning etc/etc

The car is @*!# James ;)

If thier car is soo poor and it can still come second then the rest of them must be a pile of rubbish. While its not a ferarri of old its still a very good car. If Massa had not crashed the practice showed he was right up there too. Would have not been supprised if it would have been in the top 5.

problem is, if he doesnt do very well people will inevitably start sayin was he really that good or was it just the car as his cars off pace now and he's not winning etc/etc

The car is @*!# James ;)

If thier car is soo poor and it can still come second then the rest of them must be a pile of rubbish. While its not a ferarri of old its still a very good car. If Massa had not crashed the practice showed he was right up there too. Would have not been supprised if it would have been in the top 5.

Please dont forget the last race was in Hungary, that circuit throws up some strange results sometimes :) I am only saying Schumacher wont win a race this season ;)

The thing against him is he can't get in the car untill the weekend of each race due to no testing but he is class and will the no previous driving time in this car be much of a problem to him :wacko:

Guess we will find out, can't wait :yahoo:

The thing against him is he can't get in the car untill the weekend of each race due to no testing but he is class and will the no previous driving time in this car be much of a problem to him :wacko:

I'm sure the FXX he tests and drives all the time is quite similar to an F1 car in many ways. Wonder where he stands technically if he has his own F1 car and just so happens to do a track day at Maranello? :lol:

I'm sure the FXX he tests and drives all the time is quite similar to an F1 car in many ways. Wonder where he stands technically if he has his own F1 car and just so happens to do a track day at Maranello? :lol:

Excatly...you don't have a dream job at Ferrari without any perks, right?

Dont know what the official rules are around testing, but could they not just use last years car for training? Then its not testing of the car, but good enough to get his feel back.

Dont know what the official rules are around testing, but could they not just use last years car for training? Then its not testing of the car, but good enough to get his feel back.

Bottom line is, he's a sly old dog with quite a few tricks up his sleeves.

And if all else fails...

95_sil.jpg

I'm pretty sure he can use/test a non-current car, so last years would be fine.

Will be interesting to say the least!

Although I think he inadvertantly ruined F1 for a period (god it was dull viewing!) and I didn't particularly like him, I do have a lot of respect for the guy. I just hope there isn't a nasty surprise out there for him that makes it all turn very sour.... :blush:

Although I think he inadvertantly ruined F1 for a period (god it was dull viewing!) and I didn't particularly like him, I do have a lot of respect for the guy. I just hope there isn't a nasty surprise out there for him that makes it all turn very sour.... :blush:

I thought it was brilliant when Montoya came along and tried to take him out into one of the corners! Cant remember which race it was but it was so blatent he was just going after Schuey :lol:

I thought it was brilliant when Montoya came along and tried to take him out into one of the corners! Cant remember which race it was but it was so blatent he was just going after Schuey :lol:

I loved that too. Should be good viewing :snack:

He's tested the 2007 car, wants to test the 2009 car:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 178345.stm

And he should be blocked from testing it too. The new boy for Torro Rosso was not allowed so why should Schumacher be allowed? :wacko: Ferrari International Assistance to the rescue again. :dry: And whats not to say they are not testing new parts at the time?

He can test the new car in the first 90 minute session on the next grand prix on the friday morning. :)

And he should be blocked from testing it too. The new boy for Torro Rosso was not allowed so why should Schumacher be allowed? :wacko: Ferrari International Assistance to the rescue again. :dry: And whats not to say they are not testing new parts at the time?

He can test the new car in the first 90 minute session on the next grand prix on the friday morning. :)

Exactly, fair is fair.

Getting worried about your £20 already :bleh:

I'll take a cheque now if you like so you can sleep easy :lol:

Not quite OT, but if he can drive the 2007 car whats to stop them testing parts on it and then dumping them on the new car? Surely they can mod the old car to be like the current one? I dont see how you can stop "testing" at all tbh.

Not quite OT, but if he can drive the 2007 car whats to stop them testing parts on it and then dumping them on the new car? Surely they can mod the old car to be like the current one? I dont see how you can stop "testing" at all tbh.

It a completely different car - remember the new regs, slicks, Kers wing sizes, diffusers meaning differing gearboxes - you get some idea from this:

http://www.forumula1.net/2009/f1/f1-new ... first-run/

It a completely different car - remember the new regs, slicks, Kers wing sizes, diffusers meaning differing gearboxes - you get some idea from this:

So I guess they are that different they cant develop bits for it? I'm sure theres still a very grey area in there to test bits out as some are bound to work on both cars

So I guess they are that different they cant develop bits for it? I'm sure theres still a very grey area in there to test bits out as some are bound to work on both cars

....and risk being banned before Schuey hits the track---nahh there will to many spies out watching its not worth their while. Even if they could cobble something together which would never fully replicate the F60 - and given we are talking fractions of a second unless an exact replica alongside a true F60 its not going to help Schuey to use his skills to make those fractions count. WHAT AM I SAYING :scare: - there's 20 quid onthe line here :blush::lol:

....and risk being banned before Schuey hits the track---nahh there will to many spies out watching its not worth their while. Even if they could cobble something together which would never fully replicate the F60 - and given we are talking fractions of a second unless an exact replica alongside a true F60 its not going to help Schuey to use his skills to make those fractions count. WHAT AM I SAYING :scare: - there's 20 quid onthe line here :blush::lol:

:lol:

I didnt mean WRT to Schuey, just in general. I guess the changes they make are so minimal that they cant test them on anything other than the exact cars they use.

Hope their simulator is good for your sake Colin :drive1

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 186319.stm

Seven-time Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher has abandoned his comeback with Ferrari because of a neck injury.

The 40-year-old, who retired at the end of 2006, was set to deputise for the injured Felipe Massa at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.

"Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello," Schumacher told his website.

Schumacher suffered the neck injury in a bike accident in February.

"The consequences of the injuries caused by the bike accident in February, fractures in the area of head and neck, unfortunately have turned out to be still too severe," he added.

"That is why my neck cannot stand the extreme stresses caused by F1 yet. These are the clear results of the examinations we did on the course of the past two weeks and the final examination on Monday afternoon.

"As there were no improvements after the day in Mugello, I decided at short notice on Sunday to do that thorough examination on Monday."

Schumacher won five championships with Ferrari and had been working as a consultant for the Italian team before his decision to come out of retirement to stand in for Massa.

The German, who claimed his other two drivers' crowns with Benetton, has entered 250 grands prix, winning a record 91 of them.

His return was eagerly anticipated but, despite trying everything 'medically or therapeutically' possible, he has had to admit defeat.

"I am disappointed to the core," he said. "I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me.

"I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

Brazilian Massa is recovering from the serious head injuries suffered during qualifying for the Hungarian GP.

And, while the rest of the F1 drivers were enjoying their mid-season break, Schumacher had embarked on a rigorous training regime, resulting in him losing more than six pounds in weight before calling off his return.

"It's hugely disappointing," said David Croft, Radio 5 live's F1 commentator. "The F1 world was very much looking forward to seeing Michael Schumacher locking horns with Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.

"But it's hardly surprising. The g-forces that your neck muscles particularly are exposed to in a modern-day F1 car can take their toll and give you severe punishment during the course of a race.

"If you are not 100% fit, there's no way you can think about driving one of these cars."