SatNav to Tv conversion

mattstoke

Hi all

Im sure that this must have been covered on here at some point, but nothing came up on the search.

Does anyone know if you can mod the Satnav to receive Freeview TV signals, and if so how much is it gonna set me back?

thanks in advance

I had the JDM Sat Nav in when I bought my car and had it pulled out and a new Sat Nav entertainment system installed with AV in. Just bought a freeview settop box that runs of the cig lighter. Plan is to install it where the old birdview DVD was sat (behind drivers seat) and hard wire into rear cig lighter. Will have free view tv and digital radio stations then. Just haven't got round to it all yet! :teeth:

I have successfully installed freeview in my car. I can pick up as many channels as I can in the house and the picture is perfect even on the move. My install involved fitting a new 7" widescreen monitor into the cubby and the freeview box into the old nav dvd rom space. In total the whole install cost me less then £200 to do as I sourced and installed everything myself. Here's a pic of it in action at night.

Photo037.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi anyone want to buy a mini sat nav that you can use in your car or in your home its brand new comes with cig lighter adapter and 2 pin and uk plug. also remote. its black and has a usb slot and memory stick slot you can record tv and also play your own things through it using the card or memory stick also comes with magnetic aerial

• 1 month later...