NIGHTMARE - DL03HKG NWS Car Sales - Fairlady

Bluerat

Hey all

A few months back now i went looking for a 350, and found one i liked in Market Drayton at a garage called NWS. It was an import that hadn’t been sva’d etc but I figured I could wait for that so after some dealing I gave a deposit and drove back home.

Week after week excuses came as to why it wasn’t ready to collect, but being a trusting person and with it being the car I really wanted I let him off and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now after 2 ½ months I finally picked her up. You can imagine the joy of driving her after 2 ½ months of waiting but this joy was short lived. The day after I got it i was driving with my mate and it began to cut out and I was sat on a bypass with a car unable to start. After having the RAC out 3 times that night I managed to get it going and took it to Nissan to be looked at. Turned out to be the battery but they also found that the driveshaft needed replacing as it had some play in it.

The car came with 6 month warranty so I wasn’t too worried and managed to get it back to the garage to be fixed. Nearly a week later and they tell me it isn’t the driveshaft it’s the spare wheel knocking about……….WTF? :scare: I asked if they would fix it and they basically said “well I’d rather give you your money back as I can sell it as it isâ€. To me that says ahhh you caught me (thanks entirely to this forum by the way, good work :teeth: ) but someone else will come along at some point. Im actually quite relived as for a while now I have been thinking there are better models out there for less.

After some heated discussions I got my money back and the money it cost me for Nissan to check it over, but still without a Z and now need to find another one. Heartbroken isn’t the word, only had 4 days in it and loved every second!!!! :drive1

This guy now has 2 350’s on his forecourt, my advice…………….RUN THE **** AWAY!!!

Again tho, I never would of got this far if it wasn’t for all the info on this forum, helped me realise that I had made a HUGE mistake, so thanks all and on goes the hunt for another one in my price range!!

:doh:

Bizarre story! Why on earth they made you wait all that time! Thats how long I had to wait for mine to be sorted all the way from Japan! Sounds like it might be a good thing for you as there are some nice ones about now, you may end up getting something newer for your money. Don't be put off imports by that experience. Have a look on here there's a couple for sale at the moment that are really nice. :thumbs:

Keep on looking as there's definitely good zed's to be found out there. In fact Philtheforce is selling his import on the forum for £8400. Not sure what exactly u were looking for but if monies a factor then i dont think u can argue with that. Plus anyone on the forum is likely to really look after their cars so u wont have a stealer just passing it on to make money.

Cant believe they even said to u that they'll just sell it on to someone else :scare: ! Some poor git is going to pick that up and get the same problems u had. I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole!

Turned out to be the battery but they also found that the driveshaft needed replacing as it had some play in it.

The car came with 6 month warranty so I wasn’t too worried and managed to get it back to the garage to be fixed. Nearly a week later and they tell me it isn’t the driveshaft it’s the spare wheel knocking about……….WTF?

Ok, two things, if it were the spare wheel knocking, it's quite a different noise, been a few mates cars, and picked it immediately. Just an annoying knock. There's a large bolt that goes through the wheel, and has a plastic hat on top to protect the plastic tray thingee under the boot carpet.

If it's the driveshaft (we're talking the long carbon fibre cylinder (not the axle assemblies you lot refer to as driveshaft's :lol: ), anyway, the driveshaft universal joint can become excessively notchy and will put out a huge amount of vibration throughout the car, through the seats, firewall etc and will be quite audible. Maybe off base here, but these are from personal experience going by what you've said.

Anyway, you've escaped that one. Keep looking, if you're worried about other Zeds you look at, ask some kind soul from the forum that lives nearby to come check the car out with you. Or buy one from the forum, you stand a much better chance of buying a pearl. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at the description on NWS Motor website:

3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Blue. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Sports seats, Alarm, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Rear electric windows, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Body coloured bumpers, Cloth seat trim, Drivers airbag, Height adjustable drivers seat, PAS, Rear wiper, Solid Paint, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Trip computer. Insurance Group:18, this car is imaculate really nice car, £10,995 p/x welcome

hmmmmm.....