What and where to get a clay kit??

jpaero

They basically remove contaminants from paintwork - nasty stuff that generally wont come off with normal cleaning.

The clay bars are basically a bit like blue-tac in texture. You need a lubricant, which comes in the kit. You spray the paintwork a small area at a time and rub the claybar over it. It removes an amazing amount of dirt usually and leaves a perfect surface for a few coats of decent wax.

It's not something you'd want to do every month, yearly is more than adequate.

As the others have said, it removed bonded contaminants from the paint. Just use loads of spray and keep light pressure. Keep folding it and if you drop it on the floor, chuck it. Also advisable to use small chunks to start with just in case you do drop it so you dont waste much!

Do it every 6 months on clean car along with a polish to smooth out the clear coat afterwards. Then wax and off you go :thumbs:

martinopy - Believe you are the one i passed in Portrush! Any pictures of your car mate, seems like you have alot of mods listed there lol Hope your getting the lovely rain as well were ever you are :lol: I always wash my car or do something every week, always seems to be a waste of time over here with the weather

Well went down to my local place and bought the zymol kit, was a really really good job and left the paint feeling like new again. After that i polished and waxed it using others from the zymol range and the car looked like it had just been out of the showroom. Was really happy with it so decided to take it out a drive to show off of course lol 5 minutes into the drive and it started p*ssin down!! I was not a happy chap!! :rant:

Well went down to my local place and bought the zymol kit, was a really really good job and left the paint feeling like new again. After that i polished and waxed it using others from the zymol range and the car looked like it had just been out of the showroom. Was really happy with it so decided to take it out a drive to show off of course lol 5 minutes into the drive and it started p*ssin down!! I was not a happy chap!! :rant:
But with your fresh coat of wax on, the rain should just sheet off the car. I love a freshly waxed car!

Yeah it was, but the bad thing was, because it was a nice day, the tractors had been out and the roads were dirty. So looks like it needs a good wash this weekend as usual. I have like an ocd with my cars being clean anyway lol