1939 Hackercraft Mahogany speedboat

Indyzed

I visited a longtime family friend last night and snapped a few shots of his speedboat. He purchased it in 1965 and has had it ever since.

hackercraft1001.jpg

hackercraft1002.jpg

hackercraft1004.jpg

hackercraft1006.jpg

hackercraft1007.jpg

And last but not least....the business end. It has the original straight six and it sounds heavenly.

hackercraft1008.jpg

Isn't that just beautiful. Does it ever go in the water? Looks far too good to be used.

He'd had it in the water the day before. :boat: He raised his two boys water skiing behind that boat on our local river. The biggest danger with those wooden boats is fire. :scare: You have to open the engine bay when starting it and let the fumes out so nothing is tempted to combust. Fuel leaks are a huge concern as well. He has two monster fire extinguishers. One in the boat and one on the pier.

Isn't that just beautiful. Does it ever go in the water? Looks far too good to be used.

if you look closely its already in the water ;)

:lol::bangin:

Look here you two, my interweb was going slow, so I didn't get to see the last couple of pics. ;):lol:

Great to hear it does get used Indy. ;)

if you look closely its already in the water ;)

:lol::bangin:

Look here you two, my interweb was going slow, so I didn't get to see the last couple of pics. ;):lol:

Great to hear it does get used Indy. ;)

:p dont worry we believe you ;);)

its a lovely machine though :cloud9: