Al Gore - Does he have a point?

Danny 350Z

Do you want a really scary fact - everytime you Google something it requires the same amount of power to boil a kettle - hence all those lovely super fast Google servers are technically kicking out TONS of CO2.

I will stop driving my zed when China and America stops pumping billions of pollutants out of their factories each year - often making stuff that isn't essential, but will make large sums of money.

I'm all for people doing there bit to save the enviroment but there's only so far u can go.

I'm not going to stop using air travel cos it's bad for the enviorment - fook that i want to go somewhere hot for holiday! I'm also not gonna drive round in a crappy car ever just cos it's more enviormentally friendly. I will however do my bit recycling etc but i'm not gonna miss out on all the good things in life.

And for those who havent seen him on South Park, it's worth a look. He doesnt exactly come across well in their p!ss take of him.

i find that the Vegetarian theory also works here, for eg:

one of the guys working for me is a vege, everytime i ask him if he wants some meat and he says no, i eat twice as much on purpose, he doesnt go to the races cause he thinks its cruel, i bet twice as much (and last time won so much money i took everyone out for dinner (for which he didnt complain)),

for enviromentalists, everytime someone in a zed ditches it for a prius cause their feeling guilty i will drive the long way to work in the lowest gear possible killing one rabbit on the tech park i work on, on the way in, and when i get there i will hatchet the nearest tree down, they keep planting them so theres enough.

This will of course make me fat and skint but im already half way there! :)

Do you want a really scary fact - everytime you Google something it requires the same amount of power to boil a kettle - hence all those lovely super fast Google servers are technically kicking out TONS of CO2.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that.

+1. Are the google servers run by coal or something?

Sorry, but I just don't believe that.

+1. Are the google servers run by coal or something?

no but they are powered by electricity, which is made by burning coal ;)

im not saying i agree with fact; as they say 50% of statistics are made up ;)

but the servers needed to power google must be pretty huge, we must be talking about rooms or servers, all air conditioned. they must be fuelling up a large electricity bill.

I am sorry, I don't believe in it at all:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... rming.html

How can you trust them when Nasa aters previous temperate readings, the media jumps on the bandwagon when antartica melts but does not mention the artic is thicker than it has always been and there has been no global warming since 1976...

Besides. The last person that had a go at me because I was killing the planet becuase I had a 3.5 V6 I shot down becuase I proved that my 6000 miles a year was pumping out less c02 than their 1.6 car which they drive 18k miles..

Thousands of years ago co2 levels and global temperatures were much higher - and ive not seen them dig up a prehistoric V8 yet. So al gore and the rest of his followers can shove this human co2 global warming crap up their arse.

I am in the camp that believes the sun and solar activity dictates our temperatures more than any human activity. With the exception of deforestation, which has the ability to effect our Eco system somewhat.

EXACTLY chesterfield, that puts you in the camp of sane people, who dont believe everything they are told by governments who need a believeable agenda to charge more tax!

Im right there with you :thumbs:

Thousands of years ago co2 levels and global temperatures were much higher - and ive not seen them dig up a prehistoric V8 yet. So al gore and the rest of his followers can shove this human co2 global warming crap up their arse.

I am in the camp that believes the sun and solar activity dictates our temperatures more than any human activity. With the exception of deforestation, which has the ability to effect our Eco system somewhat.

EXACTLY chesterfield, that puts you in the camp of sane people, who dont believe everything they are told by governments who need a believeable agenda to charge more tax!

Im right there with you :thumbs:

+1

We could half our CO2 output and China could put their's up by about 0.0001% and wipe out all the difference we made. Rather than taxing the many what about hitting the few who REALLY pollute hard and sort out the big gains first?? :dry: