first time giving it some beans

BLINDS122000

Just remember that the engines you are comparing are quite different to each other.

I found that driving my Honda, you need to rev the t*ts off it to get anywhere, which with the screaming engine noise will probably give you more sense of urgency.

Whereas in the Zed, it's more smoother and unassuming. When in the Zed and driving on a dual carriageway, I bet you had been trundeling along until you happened to glance at the speedo, only to realize you were doing 100mph.

Just remember that the engines you are comparing are quite different to each other.

I found that driving my Honda, you need to rev the t*ts off it to get anywhere, which with the screaming engine noise will probably give you more sense of urgency.

Whereas in the Zed, it's more smoother and unassuming. When in the Zed and driving on a dual carriageway, I bet you had been trundeling along until you happened to glance at the speedo, only to realize you were doing 100mph.

:lol: ive done that way to much :lol: i purposely use cruise control because i dont trust it to go into missile mode! the best way i found to get a feel for it is if you read out the numbers (to your passenger) as you go ie 10 20 30 40 50, tbh though you'l struggle to get the first few out your mouth in time :teeth: when i did it i had to say, 20, 50, 60, 70 my passenger leant over to check in disbelief :lol:

Havent had my Zed for that long but i think there have been a couple of times i've gone to give it beans and smelt a burning smell come through the vents. Im sure i didnt shift correclty and have done the clutch some damage but it's all part of the learning process. your not going to own a car like that without wanting to rag the t!ts off it every now and again.

the initial pulling power of the zed has never felt as good as the stats suggest to me. i think this is mainly down to the way it drives however, it just never feels as if you're going as fast as you actually are. Having a quick look at the speedo usually gives u a quick reminder tho.

if you're driving down a motorway at 60 in 6th and put your foot down, you dont really get much from it until u hit 80 and then u can really feel the power kick in. I hate this feeling tho as u can tell that car really wants to go for it and as i dont want to get banned u have to back off.

One thing I've learnt from this thread........MISSILE MODE :lol:

I've had a couple of slip road accidents where I've been going up through the gears only to realise that I'm joining the main carriageway at an illegally high speed. Apply the anchors, put on cruise control :thumbs:

I've had a couple of slip road accidents where I've been going up through the gears only to realise that I'm joining the main carriageway at an illegally high speed.

Surely you mean incidents or ocurrences, really hope you didn't have accidents on slip roads.

Mind you, I've had the same tbh. My excuse is that most slip roads round here are uphill, so I need the extra accelleration to get me up them.

Then you notice your doing a speed on the bad side of legal, lol

I've had a couple of slip road accidents where I've been going up through the gears only to realise that I'm joining the main carriageway at an illegally high speed.

Surely you mean incidents or ocurrences, really hope you didn't have accidents on slip roads.

Mind you, I've had the same tbh. My excuse is that most slip roads round here are uphill, so I need the extra accelleration to get me up them.

Then you notice your doing a speed on the bad side of legal, lol

uphill slip roads are like being launched from a cannon :lol::yahoo:

Surely you mean incidents or ocurrences, really hope you didn't have accidents on slip roads

Yeah sorry BM, poor choice of English there. Incidents should be the word. Most of the slip roads near me are downhill, great for 'building up speed' :)

Seem to remeber there was a question about the clutch pedal sticking somewhere on this post! :)

Used to happen to mine occassionally. Couple of times when in a traffic jam in hot weather ie. 30+ degrees and a few times having fun blasting up the side of a mountain. Used to have to pull it back up with my foot.

Had a new clutch fitted under warranty which sorted it.