Plenum Spacer - which brand is recommended?

givememorepower

I'm doing a project where you can get a carbon plenum with a moulded in 5/16th plenum for around the £250 mark if your interested? May take a little time though as it's in the planning stage

hmm that sounds VERY interesting... group buy? Who's doing it for you?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24954

there's the link guys to my thread and other Engine bay carbon goodies,

as for the warranty I'll ask today but I would expect a years warrenty which will be a replacement, which I believe is standard, it shouldn't crack though as carbon fibre as long as done properly is as strong as most things :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24954

there's the link guys to my thread and other Engine bay carbon goodies,

as for the warranty I'll ask today but I would expect a years warrenty which will be a replacement, which I believe is standard, it shouldn't crack though as carbon fibre as long as done properly is as strong as most things :thumbs:

i'd say it could crack if you over torque it ;), anyway some photos would be cool!

It's in planning stages at the moment but everything has it's limits and if you over torque it yes it could potentially crack it, but that goes with the kinetix, and goes with the standard plenum except you would snap the bolts instead

very true, but easier to replace a bolt then a full plenum...

agreed... but That depends which bolts you snap, the 6 in the middle could be a problem, but would it be a warrenty problem if the user broke the plenum?

it's just something different, everyone can get the spacer with the oem plenum, I've done it,

agreed... but That depends which bolts you snap, the 6 in the middle could be a problem

it's just something different, everyone can get the spacer with the oem plenum, I've done it,

Hey mate, I agree with you... did actually snap one in the middle...scary stuff, very easy to do though.

This mold you are creating will it need the spacers in the middle or will they go all the way down to the top ? :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just bought my March 2006 350 (276 version - no LED back lights etc) and found this a really really useful topic as I'm looking (like many others I imagine) for modest and simple modifications to optimise what I have. (If I had the 10K+ to do serious modifications I'd probably buy another car).

As I'm a 350 newbie I've just started using this site to find out information, but as always this is really time consuming and although it's really useful you inevitably end up with more questions having read a number of posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this forum cater for all 350z owners with a broad spectrum of knowledge?

I have to say that posts like that near the top of this thread really put any newcomers off from asking questions, is really unproductive and just unnecessary. People come here for guidance - not to be slapped down with a 'I know more than yaaoouu' attitude.

Having read this through though I can see that the ratio of friendly helpful people to elitest tw*ts is skewed massively toward the former.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with fitting the spacer as I'm deciding what to do myself.

I've only just bought my March 2006 350 (276 version - no LED back lights etc) and found this a really really useful topic as I'm looking (like many others I imagine) for modest and simple modifications to optimise what I have. (If I had the 10K+ to do serious modifications I'd probably buy another car).

As I'm a 350 newbie I've just started using this site to find out information, but as always this is really time consuming and although it's really useful you inevitably end up with more questions having read a number of posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this forum cater for all 350z owners with a broad spectrum of knowledge?

I have to say that posts like that near the top of this thread really put any newcomers off from asking questions, is really unproductive and just unnecessary. People come here for guidance - not to be slapped down with a 'I know more than yaaoouu' attitude.

Having read this through though I can see that the ratio of friendly helpful people to elitest tw*ts is skewed massively toward the former.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on with fitting the spacer as I'm deciding what to do myself.

What was it that was said that upset you?

Some people are very helpful considering there is nothing in it for them by giving advice.

I have to decide between two spacers now, and am just waiting on an answer on one, incedently it's not the motordyne one.

A simple search usually brings up what your looking for. It gets a bit tedious answering the same questions over & over again.

Mods: Maybe we could have a top 50 questions sticky thread where things like what spacer/intake/spacers/exhaust etc are answered?

I might have a motordyne spacer for sale soon :ninja:

A simple search usually brings up what your looking for. It gets a bit tedious answering the same questions over & over again.

Mods: Maybe we could have a top 50 questions sticky thread where things like what spacer/intake/spacers/exhaust etc are answered?

I might have a motordyne spacer for sale soon :ninja:

Top 50 or Top 100 or..

good idea Ian :thumbs:

Will look into it. Only worthwhile if people read it though, as you know, and they are a pain to keep up to date :dry: I might start one as a WIP thread so you can all post the Q&A for us and we can add it to the master. Takes the effort off one person doing it all :thumbs:

Searching is a much better option, just takes some effort to hunt through the posts.

EDIT: Here is a placeholder thread to get us going ;) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25803

The plenum will have the spacer moulded into it so it will be a whole unit, and will still be able to use the oem strut, did you have a look at my thread it should answer a few questions :thumbs:

Will this plenum affect the grounding kit?

The plenum will have the spacer moulded into it so it will be a whole unit, and will still be able to use the oem strut, did you have a look at my thread it should answer a few questions :thumbs:

Nope, because the bolt goes through to the lower collector so earth connection is still there.

Nope, because the bolt goes through to the lower collector so earth connection is still there.

Cheers mate :#1: