Reg Reader Sainsburys

Beavis

Popped down to Sainsburys earlier in the Punto only be greeted by a giant electronic screen saying welcome R748 ***? What is the point of that and is it something more sinister? Everyone that drove in had their reg plate read and displayed on this screen, also on the exit too!! :wacko:

Big Bro is watchin :scare:

They're to put off anyone leaving the forecourt without paying and so you can't argue about which pump you were on - just the usual guff

But did not go to the petrol stration part :)

is it to do with the limited free parking time. They use the numberplate to register the car entry time.

Tesco's here have snsors on each bay. You get up to 4 hrs free. After that you can get fined. It saves a guy walking around and checking every car

is it to do with the limited free parking time. They use the numberplate to register the car entry time.

Tesco's here have snsors on each bay. You get up to 4 hrs free. After that you can get fined. It saves a guy walking around and checking every car

That sounds like that could be it :)

The UK is one of the countries that has the highest number of surveillance cameras isn't it?

Probably. I remember a good few years ago a drunk guy was blocking a main road in Aberdeen and trying to throw cones at cars. I stopped, strted unblocking the road and the guy went for me. I got to him first and then sped away. I then called the police to tell them what was going on and the police person said 'was that you in the little silver car with reg .....' I said yes and she said Don't worry we were watching it on CCTV but didn't have any units to send.

I then apologised and asked if she got my get away on film..... She laughed and said don't worry about it, thanks for helping!

Welcome to Big brother......

one early Sunday morning I was driving at a reasonable speed on dual carriage way... as I approached a giant screen it read: "SLOW DOWN " at first shock, and then made me laugh (no ticket followed :)

Did prove to me though that number plate recognitions works ....