This guy needs out more

Gilly199

Take all the crap off and they were actually quite good little cars back in 2003. The missus ran one for 5 years and although you look an absolute nonce driving one if you're a fella the 1.3 S went and handled pretty well. I used to like seeing peoples faces when they were passed by a noddy car "making progress"! ;)

My ol' micra 1.5dci went to and from uni for 2 years at max speed :lol: between 89 and 98 depending on conditions.

in the 2 years went through a complete set of pirelli's and a complete set of brigestones.

did about a million handbrake turns and did alot of winter drifting at high speed across the local retail park.

trekked through foot deep snow next to the 4x4's for 6 hours one winter and lived its life in the fast lane racing anything and everything. "a streak of blue lightning" it got called.

ah good memories...

The egr valve constantly had problems, the gearbox had problems, the car at 2 years old had basically died and sometimes wouldnt start :lol: oh and once the steering wheel came off while going down the motorway. my passenger fairly pooped himself :lol: as did i for that matter :scare:

good first car was a laugh indeed and im sure i spent bugger all on fuel. :thumbs:

But i also got slagged of for having a gay car :dots::boxing:

thats because they are really a renault. pull the pannels off and its onions and cheese everywhere :lol:

As much as i liked this, back when they first came out and around about the time the first Z made its way to my work we had a micra sport in. OMG its spec was

15" wheels :#1:

headlight masks :#2:

and silly silly plastic stick on bumper spats :#3:

micra sport = FAIL

Gilly

and although you look an absolute nonce driving one if you're a fella the 1.3 S went and handled pretty well. I used to like seeing peoples faces when they were passed by a noddy car "making progress"! ;)

+1

Drove many times from my house to Porthmadoc in many cars and one morning (very early) i actually equalled my best time there in one of these, drove the wheels of it. B)

its because you just dont care if they blow up because they are rubbish anyway hence they go faster, like rental / fleet / vans etc :lol:

you do know the person who wrote this thread (me) is a car and van rental operator :teeth: ??? :boxing:

Gilly

its because you just dont care if they blow up because they are rubbish anyway hence they go faster, like rental / fleet / vans etc :lol:

you do know the person who wrote this thread (me) is a car and van rental operator :teeth: ??? :boxing:

Gilly

lol :p

i had a courtesy car from a body shop for 3 months, was a 1.2 petrol fiesta i think. hated the thing. set some very good back road drivnig times in it :yahoo:

Gilly

:lol: do you have to pay for many complete engine replacements then?? :drive1

Gilly

:lol: do you have to pay for many complete engine replacements then?? :drive1

Na because we sell them to the sales department very early in their life :bye: :teeth:

see we do it the right way, if its a free courtesy car you gotta cover it on your own insurance. You break it, its your balls thats in the vice. :snack:

Gilly