Aircon "drip" - just behind passenger front wheel

andyvvc

Guys, the smell i believe is mould forming in the aircon system due to the humid condiditons, i happened upon the last can of a "new" product on the shelves of tesco. it was this stuff http://www.netparts.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=92. I read the label a good few times and then decided (after making sure i had the box and receipt and was set up to sue if it went wrong) i would go ahead with it. and it worked! really well! its an aerosol can that locks on when you press it, you sit it down in the car with the air con on full and interior circulation. closs dorrs n windows and leave for 10 mins then go back with a towel handy to wipe the excess away and hey presto! the smell at first is a bit funky but goes away within the day. hope this helps :thumbs:

oh and yeah, i panicked when i saw that puddle but fortunately i had just parked next to antoher z and he had a matching puddle so i figured it out :D

Guys, the smell i believe is mould forming in the aircon system due to the humid condiditons, i happened upon the last can of a "new" product on the shelves of tesco. it was this stuff http://www.netparts.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=92. I read the label a good few times and then decided (after making sure i had the box and receipt and was set up to sue if it went wrong) i would go ahead with it. and it worked! really well! its an aerosol can that locks on when you press it, you sit it down in the car with the air con on full and interior circulation. closs dorrs n windows and leave for 10 mins then go back with a towel handy to wipe the excess away and hey presto! the smell at first is a bit funky but goes away within the day. hope this helps :thumbs:

oh and yeah, i panicked when i saw that puddle but fortunately i had just parked next to antoher z and he had a matching puddle so i figured it out :D

Comma do one of those systems too, do a search on here, plenty have used them. The issue appears to be if you use either aircon or normal cooling almost exclusively, the other side of the system tends to get a bit mouldy. So if you never use AC and then turn it on, it has mould in it which smells. You get the same if you use AC all the time and then switch it off. The cleaner stuff works for a while, but the smell will come back. Personally I just have the AC on all the time (as it switches the compressor on and off when needed) and just leave it at that. No smell, but then I dont ever turn it off. If I do then it does :yuck:

Comma do one of those systems too, do a search on here, plenty have used them. The issue appears to be if you use either aircon or normal cooling almost exclusively, the other side of the system tends to get a bit mouldy. So if you never use AC and then turn it on, it has mould in it which smells. You get the same if you use AC all the time and then switch it off. The cleaner stuff works for a while, but the smell will come back. Personally I just have the AC on all the time (as it switches the compressor on and off when needed) and just leave it at that. No smell, but then I dont ever turn it off. If I do then it does :yuck:

• 10 months later...

:lol: Good chance for a thread revival!!

I went to JTS today with the MR2OC, one of the guys there parked up and had a mixture of oil & coolant dribbling out from somewhere in the engine...not good!! :headhurt:

Came back, picked the Z up from my mate's house and drove it home...took a peek under the car for my cat and there was dribbling from a small hole under the car behind the passenger wheelarch!!

It seemed so coincidental so panic set in, I hastily shoved my hand under to find that it was icy cold water. I've had this on a few cars before, but thought I'd check on here that aircon condensation dribbles from that location.

Search function brought up this post...crisis over, happy days!! :thumbs:

• 2 years later...

" years isn't too long for a thread revival is it? :p

Had a pretty long drive yesterday in that blistering heat, went to jump into the car today to see the puddle and immediately crapped myself. Had to go to football so I thought it might just be a coincidence and i'd parked over someone elses leak. After the game the same thing, so I moved the car and tried to smell it, no smell or taste so figured it wasn't oil and coolant levels ok. Came back home and prepared myself for a hefty diagnostic bill, but thought i'd check here first. Thank God I did, this forum has just saved me possibly a small fortune for nothing and me looking like an idiot, again :D

:thumbs::#1: