0-60

N7ROP

Hi all, just a quick post...I know there is hell of a lot of detail on here but I could not find this exactly.

What would I need to do to a 54plate 350 to reduce the 0-60 below 5 seconds???

Thanks in advance... 347post's to go to get my sticker :)

Hi all, just a quick post...I know there is hell of a lot of detail on here but I could not find this exactly.

What would I need to do to a 54plate 350 to reduce the 0-60 below 5 seconds???

Thanks in advance... 347post's to go to get my sticker :)

some fairly serious work..and money

Get yourself to a meet, people have very different opinions,

and you could spend hours discussing it...

Options..

- Different car ;)

- NOS

- FI

- - Supercharging

- - Turbocharging

- some very serious fettling on an NA car

:thumbs:

some fairly serious work..and money

Get yourself to a meet, people have very different opinions,

and you could spend hours discussing it...

Options..

- Different car ;)

- NOS

- FI

- - Supercharging

- - Turbocharging

- some very serious fettling on an NA car

:thumbs:

Ok sounds like a plan.

Since I opened this post I have realised that 0-60 was not really what I was looking for - burning chavs at traffic lights is not my idea of fun.

What I guess I really want is a nice power gain between say 30-80mph.

I will be fitting a pop charger, Motordyne Plenum spacer (when I figure out what is actually is and how to fit it), and an exhaust system.

Do you think the above is likely to feel different at full steam ahead?

Ok sounds like a plan.

Since I opened this post I have realised that 0-60 was not really what I was looking for - burning chavs at traffic lights is not my idea of fun.

I will be fitting a pop charger, Motordyne Plenum spacer (when I figure out what is actually is and how to fit it), and an exhaust system.

Ok sounds like a plan.

Without a remap, spacer is probably going to be the only one with any tangible benefit. The others are just sound.

Ok sounds like a plan.

Without a remap, spacer is probably going to be the only one with any tangible benefit. The others are just sound.

Change gear ratios...i am sure i have seen a post from Adam somewhere here....no power gains but you will be happy with acceleration! ;):)

Thats the cheapest way :thumbs:

Plenum spacer is the only one you will feel tangible benefits of, but even then its not enough to drop you 0.8s! You'll need FI really to be doing that or some serious NA fettling. My advise, buy a faster car it will be cheaper :surrender:

Change gear ratios...i am sure i have seen a post from Adam somewhere here....no power gains but you will be happy with acceleration! ;):)

Thats the cheapest way :thumbs:

Plenum spacer is the only one you will feel tangible benefits of, but even then its not enough to drop you 0.8s! You'll need FI really to be doing that or some serious NA fettling. My advise, buy a faster car it will be cheaper :surrender:

But can you find a car as sexy as the Zed for just 5k more?

I dont think you can....Not if you want a reasonable age also.

Oh slightly away from the topic but does the pop charger have any effect on the Zeds mpg? (if you drive the same as before, so not hammering the right pedal to hear the sucker under the bonnet)

But can you find a car as sexy as the Zed for just 5k more?

I dont think you can....Not if you want a reasonable age also.

Oh slightly away from the topic but does the pop charger have any effect on the Zeds mpg? (if you drive the same as before, so not hammering the right pedal to hear the sucker under the bonnet)

£5k? FI will cost at least in the region of £10k when you're done! Agreed, the Zed is the only sexy car in its price range though!

I didnt notice any change in MPG when fitting my pop charger other than because of my heavier right foot :drive1

£5k? FI will cost at least in the region of £10k when you're done! Agreed, the Zed is the only sexy car in its price range though!

I didnt notice any change in MPG when fitting my pop charger other than because of my heavier right foot :drive1

Changing to induction kits and upgrading exhausts tends to change your driving style to enhance the sound so in that respect

it will reduce your mpg. If you drive the car the same way you are unlikely to notice the change.

They do sound good though. :D

The traders on here will give advice and prices on specific products to suit your taste and budget. The best one for you is the one you like, its all down to personal choice. :thumbs:

Changing to induction kits and upgrading exhausts tends to change your driving style to enhance the sound so in that respect

it will reduce your mpg. If you drive the car the same way you are unlikely to notice the change.

They do sound good though. :D

The traders on here will give advice and prices on specific products to suit your taste and budget. The best one for you is the one you like, its all down to personal choice. :thumbs:

Thanks Chris + Martin :D

I think I'll just go for the pop, exhaust, spacer, remap option then. That should give me 20-25 bhp? And sound like a beast!

I work with a fairly small team at work but I have a Mustang Dominator, DB9, Boxster-S and Carrera to compete against so I want as much cheap power as I can get lol :)

Thanks Chris + Martin :D

I think I'll just go for the pop, exhaust, spacer, remap option then. That should give me 20-25 bhp? And sound like a beast!

I work with a fairly small team at work but I have a Mustang Dominator, DB9, Boxster-S and Carrera to compete against so I want as much cheap power as I can get lol :)

Do you mean stick the board on the bonnet so they can see it in there rear view mirror! :p

I may just save for 6 months and get a Turbo fitted. Still cheaper than going out and buying a 360 or a 911