Advert V Actual car

Impressed

Hy guys, just bought my first Z 2 weeks ago. Agreed a deal on the phone with a dealership. :doh:

Anyway because it was a 1 year old GT with 8500 miles (was actually 7500) and as the salesman said it was as advertised and unmarked, I left a deposit on the phone and agreed to pick it up in a weeks time.

I have now had the car 2 weeks and have recieved the reg docs.

My problem is the advert said amongst other things:

1. 1 Owner (which I confirmed was correct with the salesman).

2. Includes phone.

Reg document has 2 previous owners (will this affect resale price if I want a 370z in a year or two?)

And there is no bluetooth thing or cradel.

Just wanted a bit of a heads up before I call him.

Thankyou.

Hy guys, just bought my first Z 2 weeks ago. Agreed a deal on the phone with a dealership. :doh:

Anyway because it was a 1 year old GT with 8500 miles (was actually 7500) and as the salesman said it was as advertised and unmarked, I left a deposit on the phone and agreed to pick it up in a weeks time.

I have now had the car 2 weeks and have recieved the reg docs.

My problem is the advert said amongst other things:

1. 1 Owner (which I confirmed was correct with the salesman).

2. Includes phone.

Reg document has 2 previous owners (will this affect resale price if I want a 370z in a year or two?)

And there is no bluetooth thing or cradel.

Just wanted a bit of a heads up before I call him.

Thankyou.

Hi mate, i would be calling them up and be looking for some form of discount as they have sold you a car that doesnt fit the description which is a big no no. Someone on here will be able to give you more info soon :thumbs:

Hi mate, i would be calling them up and be looking for some form of discount as they have sold you a car that doesnt fit the description which is a big no no. Someone on here will be able to give you more info soon :thumbs:

I'd take the car back. You've been mis lead. Demand your money back or demand a amount back if you decide to keep the car.

Bluetooth dongle often gets removed. Get the trader to replace it or you can get them of ebay second hand now. Don't pay more than £90

I'd take the car back. You've been mis lead. Demand your money back or demand a amount back if you decide to keep the car.

Bluetooth dongle often gets removed. Get the trader to replace it or you can get them of ebay second hand now. Don't pay more than £90

Cheers guys,

Jay

I was thinking of doing that.

M13KYF

Thankyou.

CS

The reg doc only names the last owner.

First reg 18.06.08

P1 service 06.03.09 at 3491 miles

Sold to second owner 09.03.09

Sold to me 06.06.09 at 7503 miles

This may sugest it was a demonstrator and serviced before sale due to it being 9 months old.

Is this how you would read it?

Do any of you think I should be entitle to any £. I paid £18600 which seemed reasonable to me. However I thought it was 1 prev owner with phone kit.

Ps It was a mini dealership.

Cheers guys,

Jay

I was thinking of doing that.

M13KYF

Thankyou.

CS

The reg doc only names the last owner.

First reg 18.06.08

P1 service 06.03.09 at 3491 miles

Sold to second owner 09.03.09

Sold to me 06.06.09 at 7503 miles

This may sugest it was a demonstrator and serviced before sale due to it being 9 months old.

Is this how you would read it?

Do any of you think I should be entitle to any £. I paid £18600 which seemed reasonable to me. However I thought it was 1 prev owner with phone kit.

Ps It was a mini dealership.

Cheers Guys,

Have been on the phone to the dealership and they said.

1. We could probable supply you with the bluetooth adaptor.

2. The fact that it has had 2 keepers instead of 1 would not affect the price. Also if you sold it in 1 years time with 3 keepers instead of 2 it would make no diffence to the sale price. (tbh I don't know if I agree with this. Do you think 3 keepers in 2 years would make it seem like a wrong-un to a buyer?) what diffence do you guys think it would make and did I pay a fair price for the car if it had 1 owner?

3. The salesman who sold it to you is on holiday but I will call you back on monday after I have spoken to our sales manager.

mmm

The point is I just hate blatant lies.........

Please don't mention anything that will harm my case. The men in black suits may be watching. ;)

Cheers Guys,

Have been on the phone to the dealership and they said.

1. We could probable supply you with the bluetooth adaptor.

2. The fact that it has had 2 keepers instead of 1 would not affect the price. Also if you sold it in 1 years time with 3 keepers instead of 2 it would make no diffence to the sale price. (tbh I don't know if I agree with this. Do you think 3 keepers in 2 years would make it seem like a wrong-un to a buyer?) what diffence do you guys think it would make and did I pay a fair price for the car if it had 1 owner?

3. The salesman who sold it to you is on holiday but I will call you back on monday after I have spoken to our sales manager.

mmm

The point is I just hate blatant lies.........

Please don't mention anything that will harm my case. The men in black suits may be watching. ;)

I am currently looking for a Zed and ive turned down cars that are perfectly spec'd but because they have 2previous owners alarm bells start to ring in my head....why would a new car have been passed on so many times....i would think its a lemon and wouldnt personally touch it

HTH

I am currently looking for a Zed and ive turned down cars that are perfectly spec'd but because they have 2previous owners alarm bells start to ring in my head....why would a new car have been passed on so many times....i would think its a lemon and wouldnt personally touch it

HTH

As the last owner only had it 3 months it may have not been looked after as you would have liked. Could you get in touch with the previous owner and find out why they got rid?

Having said that it's probably not a lemon, but as the others have said get some money off or get them to pay for an extended warranty.

Good luck! :thumbs:

As the last owner only had it 3 months it may have not been looked after as you would have liked. Could you get in touch with the previous owner and find out why they got rid?

Having said that it's probably not a lemon, but as the others have said get some money off or get them to pay for an extended warranty.

Good luck! :thumbs:

richt

I had a word with the salesman who took it as part ex for a mini cooper and he said. "It was a guy of 21 yeas old who was facing a court summons for a hefty speeding offence and was at risk of being banned. His father told him to trade it in for a cooper in hope that this may help his case in court."

bhavin85

I don't think it's a lemon, it seams alright. Also at 7500 miles and under warrantee for 2 more years , what could be wrong?

But I am aware of what others might think if I sell at 2 years old with 3 prev owners...

PS If you were the previous owner would you mind getting a call from the new owner of your old car? Or would you be quite happy and tell them the facts, Given the info above?

Thanks Chaps.

richt

I had a word with the salesman who took it as part ex for a mini cooper and he said. "It was a guy of 21 yeas old who was facing a court summons for a hefty speeding offence and was at risk of being banned. His father told him to trade it in for a cooper in hope that this may help his case in court."

bhavin85

I don't think it's a lemon, it seams alright. Also at 7500 miles and under warrantee for 2 more years , what could be wrong?

But I am aware of what others might think if I sell at 2 years old with 3 prev owners...

PS If you were the previous owner would you mind getting a call from the new owner of your old car? Or would you be quite happy and tell them the facts, Given the info above?

Thanks Chaps.

Sounds like it comes down to a simple question then.....

Do you think you can find a better car for the money. If not then I would make sure you get the dongle out of them and try and get a free service out of them. If you think the car is good and it was well priced then just keep it. If you think you can get better else where take it back and and state nice and simple its not as advertised so want your money back

Personally I don't think the number of owners is really an issue - with the 350z I could easily see it having 3 owners in 4 years. When i bought mine it had 2 in 2 years but it did not bother me as they have both serviced it to spec etc.

Sounds like it comes down to a simple question then.....

Do you think you can find a better car for the money. If not then I would make sure you get the dongle out of them and try and get a free service out of them. If you think the car is good and it was well priced then just keep it. If you think you can get better else where take it back and and state nice and simple its not as advertised so want your money back

Personally I don't think the number of owners is really an issue - with the 350z I could easily see it having 3 owners in 4 years. When i bought mine it had 2 in 2 years but it did not bother me as they have both serviced it to spec etc.

While you may be happy with the condition etc. the number of keepers on a new car definitely has an impact on the price. If you know a car has had, say, 3 owners in the first year, what are you going to be thinking about that car? I would be wondering if there are hidden problems. This does impact the price (subtley). :)