Sold my zed!

glastoveteran

Hi all,

Can I ask for some advice?

I've been unsuccessfully trying to sell my car for 7 months now and I'd like to know what everyone's opinion on what a realistic price is, because I really need to get rid of it whilst there is some summer left.

I'm reducing it all the time and I'm already at the position where I'm now asking less than an offer I received a few months ago and turned down, so naturally kicking myself. :wacko: I think I've spent over £300 on eBay, PistonHeads and AutoTrader fees so far and counting!

It's a JDM 2007 (313) Night Blue roadster, Tiptronic, Frost Grey leather, 6000 miles. Taxed until November 2009 and third party warranty until Feb 2010 (for what it's worth).

Full details here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/813385.htm

In my opinion it's a good amount less than any other 313 UK Roadsters but clearly not low enough. I've had 3 viewings but people have gone away and never got back to me.

I'm sure if someone out there wants a tiptronic roadster and knows JDM is their only option then it's a good deal, but I think that's a pretty narrow target market and from talking to prospective buyers they just don't want to know about a JDM.

My downfall has been not wanting to lose too much money, having only had it 7 months (and not to mention to problems I had before that). But the long it doesn't sell the more I lose so I just need to be realistic I think.

Thanks all,

Alex

First of all take out the sentence:

PRICED TO SELL - NO OFFERS

So from what your saying you actually want offers! I would really push your car as hard as possible now mate as the sun is shining, once winter comes you'll find it even harder to shift..........

Everything will sell if its priced right, it just depends whether you can stomache selling it for what you'd need to to get rid of it.....

I agree big time, my car is a minted 56plate roadster 10,000miles & is worth less than 50% of what I paid for it new. have seen photos of your car & I am impressed.

If I didn't have mine I would buy it but only because it/s triptronic as in my opinion the manual gearboxes are "SH--E" Unfortunately can't help you on what it's worth.

"Sarnie" has been very honest!!!!

:drive1

Is the fact that its an import anything to do with it?

It's probably got a lot to do with it - JDMs have their disadvantages but then if it's priced accordingly compared to a UK one then it should tempt people. I wrongly thought that there would be people out there that want an auto and then their only option is a JDM and you have a captive audience.

But I don't know how many UK cars are selling at the moment either.

I know zed values have dropped (as with all cars) and some people put this down to the 370, but since there is no 370 roadster yet the 350 roadster is still a current model.

Unfortunalty the factor that the main dealers were knocking brand spankers new cars out for about 20k (I admit perhaps not roadsters)...

The car is in a middle position.... lots of people are looking for cars at the 10k region... Is it the case that those who were looking in the 15 to 17k decided that the extra 5 to 7k on a brand new or nearly new made the descision to do that...

Hold out for a bit if you can at that price and it should go once those stocks have gone.. Have you been offered a P/X against the Z4 your looking for?

Unfortunalty the factor that the main dealers were knocking brand spankers new cars out for about 20k (I admit perhaps not roadsters)...

Didn't know that actually...

The car is in a middle position.... lots of people are looking for cars at the 10k region... Is it the case that those who were looking in the 15 to 17k decided that the extra 5 to 7k on a brand new or nearly new made the descision to do that...

Yeah definitely. If I was a buyer I'd definitely stump up the extra and get a new or nearly new UK model. But partly because I've had my fingers burnt by every aspect of buying and owning and import!

Hold out for a bit if you can at that price and it should go once those stocks have gone.. Have you been offered a P/X against the Z4 your looking for?

I just fear if I hold on any longer I'll soon be listing it at £14,950, then £13,950..... Haven't had any P/X interest sadly.

I do have a couple of people that have said they could be interested at £15k so I think I'll just be grateful for that and have followed them up so we'll see where that gets me.

Thanks all. I started posting on here with queries when this damn car started causing me pain 18 months ago and it's been a steady stream of problems since then! So I'm sure I'll keep you all posted with how I get on...

Gutted for you, as I know the pain you had to get this into the country.

Not only that but as you know I have a MY07 JDM Coupe, not that I'm thinking of selling it, but the time will come. Didnt think I'd get much more the 16K (2K hit striaght away) even if I'd sold it the day I took delivery (given it was right about the time of the market crash)... probably considerably less now though.

Am I right in thinking this will be put in the new tax bracket as well, so your looking at £440 a year. I'm currently looking for a z and would love a facelifted model but it it's not registered before 23rd March 2006 then I don't even bother . Why would I want to pay £440 tax when I could pay max £245 for a car registered before the above date. Think I'm correct in this although I'm happy to corrected.

I think the fact its JDM & Auto that is limiting the market, the fact its a roadster limits it even further.......

.......and the fact new UK 350 Roadsters can still be bought, but no doubt at heavily discounted prices, like the coupes were before sales stopped, as we all know the 370 Roadster is in the pipeline.

I think it's a cracking looking roadster and I do like the frost leather. A tip is a no for me though.

Price does look ok but if it hasn't sold then maybe it isn't. You only need one person looking for that model to sell it though.

Perhaps speak to a friendly owner that you could do a deal with to offer black leather if a buyer would prefer that. I'd do a deal on that.... ;)

Be flexible. Maybe in that price bracket people are wanting UK cars with a warranty.

I think it's a cracking looking roadster and I do like the frost leather. A tip is a no for me though.

Price does look ok but if it hasn't sold then maybe it isn't. You only need one person looking for that model to sell it though.

Perhaps speak to a friendly owner that you could do a deal with to offer black leather if a buyer would prefer that. I'd do a deal on that.... ;)

Be flexible. Maybe in that price bracket people are wanting UK cars with a warranty.

Guys thanks a lot for all your responses.

Would you believe it but after 7 months of trying to sell, I get an offer just a couple of days after making this post!

I accepted an offer for £15k which I'm ok with - could be worse.

Now just need to decide what to go for next... Half tempted to get a UK Zed roadster believe it or not! :lol: It was mainly the fact that mine was manual that I didn't like!

Guys thanks a lot for all your responses.

Would you believe it but after 7 months of trying to sell, I get an offer just a couple of days after making this post!

I accepted an offer for £15k which I'm ok with - could be worse.

Now just need to decide what to go for next... Half tempted to get a UK Zed roadster believe it or not! :lol: It was mainly the fact that mine was manual that I didn't like!